Thread: SCM T130N voltage swap

SCM T130N voltage swap

I've got an older T130 shaper currently running on 208, and I'm looking to swap it over to 480v. The motor looks to be dual voltage, and it looks like all the necessary taps are there in the control box. Anybody know if there is a reason why it couldn't be switched over?

I've not gone through the process but it looks to me like SCM sets up their machines to handle multiple voltages through a transformer. I've not looked at the starter modules enough to know if they need swapping but since the overloads are usually separate and fused, I would think they could be reduced without messing with the starters or controls. Dave

Quote Originally Posted by David Kumm View Post
    I've not gone through the process but it looks to me like SCM sets up their machines to handle multiple voltages through a transformer. I've not looked at the starter modules enough to know if they need swapping but since the overloads are usually separate and fused, I would think they could be reduced without messing with the starters or controls. Dave
    It looks like it can be switched. I didn't know if there was something obvious myself, or the electrician missed.