Thread: Nightstands

Nightstands

Finally finished the matching nightstands (bed project - http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthre...e-platform-bed)
    A few new skills for this project: drawers, hand-cut dovetails and tapered legs.

Sapele, (Maple drawers,) Zebrawood veneer, finished with Osmo PolyX.
    A shout-out to Mario and Alan for their excellent courses (http://www.philadelphiafurnitureworkshop.com/), including "Hand-cut Dovetails" that helped me with this project.

(Obviously, I need to add photography skills. Also the last picture on the post was taken before the back was attached)

IMG_3568-a.jpgIMG_3567 copy.jpgIMG_3588.jpgIMG_3587.jpgIMG_3566-a.jpg
    Last edited by Guy Dotan; 04-26-2017 at 5:04 PM.

Blog Entries
    Very cool. It has a real 1960's American Modern / Paul McCobb sort of look. I grew up in a house full of Paul McCobb and still have a few pieces in service.
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

Nicely done Guy. Even though MCM is not a style I embrace, the Bedroom Set you have created is quite nice. Solid craftsmanship as well and you advanced your shill set.

How did you like the Osmo product? Water and wear resistance?
    Last edited by Bill McNiel; 04-26-2017 at 10:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill McNiel View Post
    How did you like the Osmo product? Water and wear resistance?
    I really like it. It is fairly easy to use and you can re-apply or sand/fix and it will blend into the existing finish. (When applying follow the instructions, watch Peter Parfitt's videos.) I absolutely love the deep color and the matte sheen.

As for durability I cannot say much. The bed that was finished a few months ago looks great without any sign of wear, even on the horizontal rails. Peter Parfitt experimented with liquids (wine?) and got great results. It is a wonderful wipe-on product and its toxicity is supposed to be lower as well.
    Last edited by Guy Dotan; 04-26-2017 at 8:51 PM.