Thread: Israel for tourists....

Israel for tourists....

I am toying with the idea to take a trip to israel this summer for possible 10 days. my question is this..Am i being foolhardy to go to this area of the world and has if anyone else made the trip and what did you think about it?

Lots of American Jews visit, and young people do it through Birthright. I think there are ways to do it safely. Consider contacting a Jewish Community Center maybe.

I've been to Israel a couple of times and plan to go back again this fall. No problems with security. However, summer in Israel is pretty hot. If you can do it in the winter you'll be more comfortable. Also check for the rainy season (which is in the winter) and avoid those months.

Jerusalem is a very special place to visit, no matter what your religion, or if you don't have a religion. It just goes so far back into our history that you feel like you're standing in a special place. Even looking down on Jerusalem from the Mount of Olives and seeing the Dome of the Rock is very special.

I highly recommend it. It's a place you'll never forget.

Mike
    Go into the world and do well. But more importantly, go into the world and do good.

I was there for a summer 45 years ago, so I can't comment on how good the trip would be now; but it is safer than Chicago.