Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Amazon Free ship minimum now $35

I order stuff off walmart website all the time and theres no hoops to jump thru to get the price I just order and check pick up at sore ez pz
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian Henderson View Post
    Walmart's web site sucks anyhow, it is a completely separate company from Walmart itself, if you order something on the website to be picked up in store, there's a whole ton of crap that has to go on in order for you to get the website price. I suspect jet.com won't be any more efficient.
    If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    8" bench mount 5 speed Drill Press
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

Rockler has lowered their minimum to $35 as well, for those who like plastic jigs,etc.
    You never get the answer if you don't ask the question.

Joe

Walmart's web site sucks anyhow, it is a completely separate company from Walmart itself, if you order something on the website to be picked up in store, there's a whole ton of crap that has to go on in order for you to get the website price. I suspect jet.com won't be any more efficient.
    Huh? If I order something on Walmart.com for store pickup the price on the website is the final price. The price doesn't magically change when I pick it up from the store. The order pickup process takes a minute or two at the store once I talk to the clerk. I just did this a few weeks ago for something that was about 10% cheaper online than in store.

Way better than my Lowe's pickup experience last night. My order was waiting on a cart (supposedly) ready to go, but half the order was picked wrong. The two customer service clerks had to dump my entire order out on the counter and go through the picking list item by item to find all the errors. This took 25 minutes and then another 15 minutes to have someone gather the correct items from the store. Really, the only reason I order online is due to promo codes good only online. It would be faster much of the time to go to the store and just grab the items than trying to find everything on the Lowes website. It is worth it to me to save 25% to 30% on a $50 to $60 order.

A couple of years ago I was shopping a book I wanted. Checked Borders, Amazon and a guy on Ebay. Guy on Ebay was the cheapest so I purchased from him. Delivered to my door in a Amazon box by Amazon. ??? I had to go back and check who I actually ordered it from. He sells so much they let him under cut them? Crazy world.

I tried cliclist for the first time. I went online ordered all my grocery's drove to the store at a appointed time I picked. Parked in a designated area called a number and they roll out with all your food load it in your car, you swipe your card to pay and your off. Best food shopping experience I ever had. Plus theres no impulse buying.
    If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    8" bench mount 5 speed Drill Press
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

A lot of our friends that are juggling multiple kids in multiple activities are raving about it on social media. With just one who's starting to do her own thing more and more often and my wife having a 10 minute commute and me having none, I guess we have a lot more free time.

Quote Originally Posted by Walter Plummer View Post
    A couple of years ago I was shopping a book I wanted. Checked Borders, Amazon and a guy on Ebay. Guy on Ebay was the cheapest so I purchased from him. Delivered to my door in a Amazon box by Amazon. ??? I had to go back and check who I actually ordered it from. He sells so much they let him under cut them? Crazy world.
    What I have seen some Ebay sellers do is they send their stuff to Amazon and sell it through the Fulfilled by Amazon program. The Ebay seller has a Prime account with Amazon and orders his/her own stuff from Amazon as a gift to be shipped to the Ebay buyer. Did your item come as a "gift" from Amazon?

I ordered a napkin dispenser from Ebay on a Sunday evening last year. On Tuesday I get a package from Amazon and it was the napkin dispenser shipped as a "gift".

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Elfert View Post
    What I have seen some Ebay sellers do is they send their stuff to Amazon and sell it through the Fulfilled by Amazon program. The Ebay seller has a Prime account with Amazon and orders his/her own stuff from Amazon as a gift to be shipped to the Ebay buyer. Did your item come as a "gift" from Amazon?

I ordered a napkin dispenser from Ebay on a Sunday evening last year. On Tuesday I get a package from Amazon and it was the napkin dispenser shipped as a "gift".
    I'm surprised Amazon allows that. I wonder how often that happens? Depending on the terms of "fullfilled by Amazon", that might even be dishonest. I dunno.

Quote Originally Posted by Frederick Skelly View Post
    I'm surprised Amazon allows that. I wonder how often that happens? Depending on the terms of "fullfilled by Amazon", that might even be dishonest. I dunno.
    I am not sure why Amazon cares since they are still making their money? I don't know how the seller makes any money since they pay Ebay their portion plus pay Amazon their portion.

I don't recall seeing anything about gift on it. I really don't know what to make of it.

Ole Jeff Bezos seems to be getting by OK.

Given that this seems like a pretty good thread for idle Amazon thoughts, and this is certainly not 'New Thread Worthy', after being an early adopter of Amazon Prime, I let it go when they went from $79 to $99 a few years ago. I just now re-signed for Prime at $99. I always was plumping my orders first to $49, then to $35 and now to $25 to get free shipping just to be frustrated as I would then watch them slow walk it through the process. But the larger issue for me was the handling. With two day shipping, I believe it is handled fewer times. I was sometimes having a problem with broken boxes that I didn't used to have. That plus the incredible simplicity regarding returns as a prime member has brought me back into the fold.

Yeah, ole Jeff seems to have this all figured out.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Elfert View Post
    I am not sure why Amazon cares since they are still making their money? I don't know how the seller makes any money since they pay Ebay their portion plus pay Amazon their portion.
    Because a business can blow through $100 worth of shipping (cost of Prime) pretty fast. But if they're making good money on the "fulfillment", then it works and Amazon still makes money - in which case they probably don't care about the ebay seller working it this way. But I don't know the terms - if someone does it would be interesting to hear about.

Anyway, that's what I was thinking, Brian.
    Fred
    Last edited by Frederick Skelly; 05-15-2017 at 6:41 AM. Reason: Clarify

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Zellers View Post
    Ole Jeff Bezos seems to be getting by OK.

Given that this seems like a pretty good thread for idle Amazon thoughts, and this is certainly not 'New Thread Worthy', after being an early adopter of Amazon Prime, I let it go when they went from $79 to $99 a few years ago. I just now re-signed for Prime at $99. I always was plumping my orders first to $49, then to $35 and now to $25 to get free shipping just to be frustrated as I would then watch them slow walk it through the process. But the larger issue for me was the handling. With two day shipping, I believe it is handled fewer times. I was sometimes having a problem with broken boxes that I didn't used to have. That plus the incredible simplicity regarding returns as a prime member has brought me back into the fold.

Yeah, ole Jeff seems to have this all figured out.
    I thought I was the only one who got "slow walked" with free shipping Dave.
    Yah, Bezos sure has it figured out.
    Fred

Quote Originally Posted by Frederick Skelly View Post
    Because a business can blow through $100 worth of shipping (cost of Prime) pretty fast. But if they're making good money on the "fulfillment", then it works and Amazon still makes money - in which case they probably don't care about the ebay seller working it this way. But I don't know the terms - if someone does it would be interesting to hear about.

Anyway, that's what I was thinking, Brian.
    Fred
    But they know that once you have Prime, you tend to place more and more orders. I know that I order a lot more from Amazon now than I ever did before I had Prime. I'll go into a store and if I don't see what I'm looking for, I will just order it off of Amazon. I get packages every single week. If I lived in an area where they did same-day deliveries, I probably wouldn't go anywhere else. Amazon gets ridiculous deals on shipping because they have the volume, they're making money hand over fist.

But they know that once you have Prime, you tend to place more and more orders. I know that I order a lot more from Amazon now than I ever did before I had Prime. I'll go into a store and if I don't see what I'm looking for, I will just order it off of Amazon. I get packages every single week. If I lived in an area where they did same-day deliveries, I probably wouldn't go anywhere else. Amazon gets ridiculous deals on shipping because they have the volume, they're making money hand over fist.
    Amazon makes very little net profit. Their net profit margin for 2016 was under 2%. They are not yet making money hand over fist.

They are investing a lot of money in growth which is why profit is so low. Once they quit building out and upgrading fulfillment centers they might start making some real money.