Thread: Unisaw Left Tilt Arbor

Unisaw Left Tilt Arbor

I recently acquired a Unisaw Model 36-869 (also known as a 36-842). This is a left tilt model. It is in very good condition except for the arbor which has some strange wear such that it will not center the blade. The arbor part number is 422-40-303-0002. They are apparently quite hard to find. Renovo lists them on its website. I ordered one via their web page, and I received confirmation of my order. That was a few weeks ago. All attempts to reach them since have proven fruitless. They have a phone number which directs you to call another number which is never answered. Sawcenter also lists the part. They have never responded to several emails, and they do not list a phone number. Does anyone know any other potential source for this arbor? Thanks.

Would it be possible to run a bead of weld on the worn bit, file it then sand it with a squared block while running ?
    Just a thought
    Tom

Quote Originally Posted by Mike L Thomas View Post
    Does anyone know any other potential source for this arbor? Thanks.
    Pull the old one out, and have almost any machinist duplicate it.

I agree with Martin,

except make certain that the machinist knows what is not right about your arbor, or you could end up with another one exactly like it.

Charley

I also agree with Martin. However there may be one other alternative. Have you checked to see if the arbor part number is different for right and left tilt? There are far more right tilt parts around,in fact I have an arbor off a right tilt saw laying in my shop. Just a thought..

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Kees View Post
    I also agree with Martin. However there may be one other alternative. Have you checked to see if the arbor part number is different for right and left tilt? There are far more right tilt parts around,in fact I have an arbor off a right tilt saw laying in my shop. Just a thought..
    I'm pretty sure the threads would be opposite on a left tilt versus a right tilt...joe

This subject has come up before and I believe it was determined that this part is no longer available. Unfortunately, you'll probably either have to buy one from someone who is parting-out a saw or have a machinist make a replacement.

--Geoff

Here is a long shot. The Grizzly G1023SL is a copy of the Uni. It uses the same 6203-2RS bearings. The arbor part # P1023SL045 may fit. It is only $21.25+shipping. You can always return it if doesn't work. Good luck with your search.
    http://www.grizzly.com/products/g1023sl/parts

Welding can be an option. I had the forward Reeves drive spindle shaft on my milling machine welded and reground when I couldn't find a reasonably priced replacement. IIRC, the OEM replacement shaft was ~ $1100. The shaft weld & regrind was ~ $200.00.
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

10. I have a unisaw that I purchased for part. It has the complete arbor and everything else minus the rear trunion
    I'll check tomorrow a d let you know.
    Might e pricy shipping from canada

Looks like the Saw Center has one for US$139.00; bearings are extra.

http://www.sawcenter.com/unisawparts.htm

I would "gamble on the Grizzly part." Pull the old one out and mike both of them to see if they are a match. As for 6203 ball bearings, these are the most common bearing in the world. Keep a bag in tool box with several, which I buy from Fastenal for around two bucks each. As for quality, our daughter's Honda has over 200K on idler pulley with these in it. Very EXPENSIVE one from NAPA lasted about three months. Delta Uni and contractor's saw both use this size on arbor.
    Last edited by Bruce Wrenn; 05-01-2017 at 8:57 PM.

Paolo do you have the arbor nut for the unisaw bought for parts? I am in need of a 5/8-12 with RH thread arbor nut for a Delta.