Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Extreme Birdhouses

Extreme Birdhouses

Here is my latest Extreme Birdhouse , It is 9 1/2 ft wide x 68 " deep x 86" tall .
    This bird hotel is made from white cedar , it has 61 rooms and two roof top pools . It weighs about 500 pounds and will be mounted 9 ft in the air on a single post .
    Attached Images Attached Images

Holy Moley! Masterpiece. What bird is it targeted for? The holes look smaller than typical Purple Martin size.

Quote Originally Posted by Allan Dozier View Post
    Holy Moley! Masterpiece. What bird is it targeted for? The holes look smaller than typical Purple Martin size.
    Thanks Allen ! I get mostly Sparrows and Wrens living in them . They stay in them all year round .

The shot with the cars looks like a time-share brochure. Really disappointed it's for birds.

Thanks for showing us this latest masterpiece! That's a nice place for "well heeled" birds to roost.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

I love your extreme birdhouses, John. I imagine the "Tower" room goes for a princely sum!
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

Thanks guys ! The birds usually fill the top ones first . They are checking the new one out already .

Wow wow wow!!!!!!
    Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the ground each morning, the devil says, "oh crap she's up!"

Tolerance is giving every other human being every right that you claim for yourself.

"What is man without the beasts? If all the beasts are gone, men would die from great loneliness of spirit. For whatever happens to the beasts will happen to man. All things are connected. " Chief Seattle Duwamish Tribe

thats something. A mansion for your birds.

Mr Looser- you might want to see a therapist, you may have a problem ;-). Beautiful work sir!

Blog Entries
    Awesome as per your usual standard. I had been missing my EBH fix lately.
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

Thanks again everyone ! I have been building them now for the last 11 years . I have to do a lot of repeats most of the time so I really look forward to these one off houses .
    Last month I had TV production company from L.A call me and they wanted me to do a full time weekly building show on my birdhouses for Discovery channel .They wanted my son also as a father son team . They wanted us to travel all over the states and build custom birdhouses for people , two houses per episode . It all sound great but I decline the offer .My son has his own roofing business as it is and as for me I mainly build them to help deal with chronic pain , fibromyalgia . It was nice of them to offer but realistically my body wouldn't be able to hold up .

As always, fabulous work, John! Too bad about your health issue. I would pay you to build one on my back forty in a heart beat.

If I come back as a bird I want that penthouse suite in the middle.

Thanks again everyone , I really appreciate the nice comments ! I will post a few more pics as soon as it is going up . I'm hoping in the next week .

1-20170502_160305.jpg