Thread: Another Q about the new software.

Another Q about the new software.

I noticed as I perused the member list, that the new software has made a seemingly random distinction between "members" and "registered users." I have been labelled a "registered user," and for some reason now feel like a second-class Creeker.

(Ok, I was kidding with that last comment.)
    Jason

"Don't get stuck on stupid." --Lt. Gen. Russel Honore

Question about vb3

Jason,

When the database was imported to the new software it seems that the import wasn't exactly perfect. Aaron will be doing a manual viewing of the database and correcting any errors he finds sometime this afternoon.

Thanks for the information, I hadn't found that particular problem.

Seems like a good place to inject this..............

I used to be able to hit my back button when I was on the veiw new post page and it would refresh the new post. Now, if I hit the back button it just takes me back to the home page. It was a nice feature, but I will learn to do without it if it can't be changed.

It's human nature to point out the negatives while ignoring the positives. So I will take this opportunity to say thanks! for all the effort you folks put into this forum. I'm convinced that your motive is to make this a great place to hang around.

J.C.
    It's a vintage trailer thing. If ya gotta ask, ya won't understand.

Reason

Quote Originally Posted by John Christiansen
    I used to be able to hit my back button when I was on the veiw new post page and it would refresh the new post. Now, if I hit the back button it just takes me back to the home page. It was a nice feature, but I will learn to do without it if it can't be changed.
    Reason:

The designers of vBulletin decided to change this--probably for performance sake. In the last version, when you clicked on View New Posts, it would redirect you to a search page-- that search page would then run the query and redirect you to yet another page. (Hence, you were able to hit 'back', which would re-execute the query).

In this new version, the queries are executed differently-- View New Posts goes directly to the Search Results page (the query is cached in a 'GET' header). Basically, this means when you hit 'back', it will take you to the previous (home) page.

I am guessing it will take a little getting used to.

_Aaron_

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Roehl
    I noticed as I perused the member list, that the new software has made a seemingly random distinction between "members" and "registered users." I have been labelled a "registered user," and for some reason now feel like a second-class Creeker.

(Ok, I was kidding with that last comment.)
    I guess that had to do with the import-- I've changed Registered Users to Members-

_Aaron_

Unhappy looks like I'm just a user again

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron Koehl
    I guess that had to do with the import-- I've changed Registered Users to Members-

_Aaron_

Yesterday I checked and thought I was a member...just posted a message and saw that I'm a user again....
    wondering who I offended

Unhappy iSpell no workie

Bummed! My speeling leafs much to dezired and I was an avid user of iSpell. I find that now, all it duz iz tells me my font selecshion is mis-spelled and katches stuff in the subchect line. Any idease?
    Cheers,
    John K. Miliunas

Cannot find REALITY.SYS. Universe halted.
    60 grit is a turning tool, ain't it?
    SMC is totally supported by volunteers and your generosity! Please help if you can!
    Looking for something for nothing? Check here!

Plausible solution

Quote Originally Posted by John Miliunas
    Bummed! My speeling leafs much to dezired and I was an avid user of iSpell. I find that now, all it duz iz tells me my font selecshion is mis-spelled and katches stuff in the subchect line. Any idease?
    John,

The new software has an enhanced text entry screen-- I believe by
    default it is enabled. iSpell may have trouble with it-- to find out,
    go to <i>User Control Panel &gt; Options</i> and see if it helps to
    turn off the advanced toolbar.

_Aaron_

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron Koehl
    John,

The new software has an enhanced text entry screen-- I believe by
    default it is enabled. iSpell may have trouble with it-- to find out,
    go to <i>User Control Panel &gt; Options</i> and see if it helps to
    turn off the advanced toolbar.

_Aaron_
    OK, so thats what I'm doing right now. Let's see how it works.

I did the above line with many mis-spelled words and ran "iSpell". Works with just the "Standard toolbar". THANKS!
    Cheers,
    John K. Miliunas

Cannot find REALITY.SYS. Universe halted.
    60 grit is a turning tool, ain't it?
    SMC is totally supported by volunteers and your generosity! Please help if you can!
    Looking for something for nothing? Check here!