Thread: Question about Euro Style Cabinets

Question about Euro Style Cabinets

Hi all...I have what is most certainly a dumb question but I cannot seem to find an answer. Probably because I'm not phrasing the question right.

If I'm building a base cabinet, and I drill out all the 32mm on center holes up and down the front and the back, can I just use those holes to install my drawer slides? I assume that, if it worked, you'd end up with perfectly aligned slides left to right without any real hassle. Or is there some reason I do not want to use these pre-drilled holes?

That's the whole idea behind them. You just have to start the holes in the correct spot, with the correct back spacing and correct boring distance.

That's what I thought. Thanks!

I'm surprised I can't find a better tutorial on building euro style cabinets for troglodytes like me.

I would toss a few more screws in the slides though. Two euro screws hold a lot, but I've never had a slide fall off because of too mint l many screws.

You should also be using those holes for mounting your door hardware to make life simpler.

James, there are a lot of guides on line, just search for 32mm system construction and you'll see more results than you can handle (44 million). Here's a fairly simple guide http://davelers.com/32mm/Basics/157.html. Depending on the slide manufacturer, you'll likely find a guide on their site. Blum for example has a wide range of configuration tools and drawings available
    Last edited by Andy Giddings; 05-02-2017 at 12:50 PM.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GhGc...d7XAUg11NOfhuk

Watch this series of videos about Festool LR32 system. LR32 system is extremely useful, I always use it when need to install the Euro cup hinge for the cabinet door, or the slider for the drawer, perfect alignment and effortless.

It works as long as the setback from the front is correct and the spacing between the front and back rows is correct. Unless you have a line boring machine, I can't think of any good reason to drill the complete rows of holes. It's easy enough to make a jig with only the holes you need for slides and hinges, along with some in between for shelf pegs.

Bob Lang

Make sure all your hardware is consistent as manufacturers have trivial but annoying differences. Cheers