Thread: Antique sawmill diorama

Antique sawmill diorama

Anyone else see this on the big auction site (link below)? I have zero relationship t the seller, just thought it was pretty amazing piece and felt an urge to share it over here. It's not handtools exactly, and I hope I'm not not breaking any board rules posting an auction (I don't think so). It's amazing.

itm/122465251582

- Kurt
    Last edited by Keith Outten; 05-04-2017 at 7:26 AM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurtis Johnson View Post
    Anyone else see this on the big auction site (link below)? I have zero relationship t the seller, just thought it was pretty amazing piece and felt an urge to share it over here. It's not handtools exactly, and I hope I'm not not breaking any board rules posting an auction (I don't think so). It's amazing.

- Kurt
    Hi Kurtis,

I think with ebay auctions we are suppose to post the item number (122465251582) as the auctions expire and the post is virtually forever. That is only one of the reasons. It may be that people used to post their own auctions trying to get a few more eyeballs on what they were trying to sell.

jtk
    Last edited by Keith Outten; 05-04-2017 at 7:26 AM.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

Okay, thanks. It appears I did cross a boundary. So, to be clear, if I ever post an eBay item again (I probably won't), I need to post the item number and not a link? It's okay to post the item number?

Sean Hughto is a member here who made a wonderful diarama. I think it was a scene from "The Invisable Man". Try the search feature

The item number must have been edited because the one in both posts are the same and ebay comes up with zero results for that number. it looks as though even item numbers are a big no no. Maybe you can describe what it was so those who are interested can take a look at it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kim Gibbens View Post
    The item number must have been edited because the one in both posts are the same and ebay comes up with zero results for that number. it looks as though even item numbers are a big no no. Maybe you can describe what it was so those who are interested can take a look at it.
    The auction has ended so the item number listed is no longer valid. Try searching eBay for antique sawmill diorama.
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

Blog Entries
    On ebay an advanced search with the item number and completed listings checked it will come up with the images.

The item didn't sell and has been relisted as item #122477394494.

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

That's pretty neat.