Thread: Recent class I taught

Recent class I taught

Slowly getting back into the woodworking groove after dealing with several health issues this year. Actually have taught two classes this past month. Thought I'd share this picture. (I forgot my camera for the second class )The class was supposed to be an intermediate class but the store forgot to tell the ladies that. Most were afraid of the saw and had never done a project like this. All in all the boxes turned out pretty well.

Hope you enjoy the picture.

Betsy

oops - forgot the picture

I forgot the picture!!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Betsy, the boxes look great! Must be a pretty good teacher!

Corey

Betsy, those boxes sure do look great! Especially for people not used to the table saw... I would love to have made one

Great boxes Besty. If you were teaching clesses in my area, I would sign up for one.

Hey Betsy - great to see you are back in the saddle both here and in the shop. I echo the guys sentiments - the boxes look wonderful! My first WW projects didn't look anything as good as what those ladies have accomplished - no doubt due in part to great instructing. You should feel real proud Betsy.
    So, was this a weekend course or week long? Where was it held, your shop or the store? (I noticed the boxes on shelves in the background.) Glad you remembered you camera at least one day!

You go Betsy!

Great job Betsy! I am very glad that your health issues have been resolved and that you are back at it again!
    Michael Mastin
    McKinney Hardwood Lumber
    Exotic and figured woods

I made a hurried post to this thread this morning and it appears to have gone. In retrospect I can see that somebody might have read into it a meaning that I did not intend. If I offended anybody I am sorry - it was unintentional.

Anyway - Betsy , glad to see your back in circulation and I hope that your health is back where you would like it to be. Looks like nice work on the class too.

So glad to see you posting again. And even better to see you rekindling your love for boxes. Great looking boxe, Betsy!
    Big Mike

I have done so much with so little for so long I am now qualified to do anything with nothing......

P.S. If you are interested in plans for any project that I post, just put some money in an envelope and mail it to me and I will keep it.

Nice job , Betsy. Good teachers mean good lookin' projects.

Bruce

Thanks for all the kudos! Always good to get positive feedback from fellow Creekers!!!!

Frank - would love to come to your neck of the woods - but not sure I could pass muster with that granddaughter of yours!!!

I'm working on some new classes - going to stretch my limits a bit - hoping to do a sofa table - maybe a coffee table with drawers - we'll see.

Thanks again for all the support. Hope to be posting more projects in the near future!

Betsy

Quote Originally Posted by Betsy Yocum
    Frank - would love to come to your neck of the woods - but not sure I could pass muster with that granddaughter of yours!!!
    Betsy
    No worries there Besty! Isla would love any of your boxes.

Great job, Betsy! And I'm really glad to hear you're getting back into the swing of things.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

great job Betsy I have never made a box todate Mike

Very nice Betsy...glad to hear you are getting past the health issues and back into the shop!