Thread: Acknowledging excellent customer service

Acknowledging excellent customer service

Mods: If the following is off limits, please remove and accept my apologies. I deeply appreciate your work in keeping this forum decent.

I have two Hurricane chucks, the HTC-100 and a HTC-125. I got them both a few years ago and so far as I am concerned they are excellent chucks at a very good price point. That said, at the time they were not furnished with an adapter that used a grub screw. I reverse quite a bit so was always limited in using these chucks. Recently I became aware that the vendor (the woodturning store) would trade in the old adapter for one with a grub screw. I asked for a set and in a few days here were two brand new adapters, the deal being that I would remove the old ones and send them back. That impressed me as they sent me two adapters with no payment on my part up front. Fine, except for the fact that one of the existing adapters would not come out of the chuck. Long, painful story short, after everything I could think of, that adapter was not coming out.

I figured I would live with it and was going to send the new adapter back but did contact the vendor. Long story of emails and so forth, bottom line is that they quickly responded and offered to have me ship the chuck back and they would look at it. Sure enough, I got my chuck back quickly with a nice new adapter installed. All I paid for was shipping my chuck to them.

I have no financial or other interest in this firm, just want to acknowledge very excellent service when received.

2. Steve Fulgani, owner of The Woodturning Store, is a stand-up guy....I have three of the Hurricane chucks, and a couple extra jaw sets. I have always gotten stellar service from him as well. The Hurricane chucks are well constructed and rival any Nova [I have 5 nova's] and any Oneway I have used over the years, and the price point is better than most.
    Remember, in a moments time, everything can change!

Vision - not just seeing what is, but seeing what can be!

Nice to hear this. I have a hurricane 125 based on the recommendations here and am quite pleased with it.
    Don

That is awesome. And thanks for the reminder, I think I need to exchange the adaptor in my HTC100 yet, can't remember. I was so impressed with the 100, I bought a HTC125 last fall and recently jumped on their 3 for the price of 2, chuck jaws. Very happy with everything. I also purchased my robust rests through them.

Terry, not only are these stories not frowned on, we encourage them. The Woodturning Store is one of many businesses that go the extra mile that we never hear about.

Good on you for pointing it out!
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

Thanks Terry. Always good to know this.
    Fred

Ditto on reports of The Woodturning Store excellent service. I also had a similar experience with Craft Supplies USA where they quickly replaced a defective item.

Terry...........Thanks for posting this I had not purchased from them before. I opened their site, liked what I saw and became a customer. I like to shop from businesses that take care of their customers. Happy customers tell their friends, Unhapy customers tell everyone.

Jay
    Last edited by Jay Mullins; 05-04-2017 at 10:58 PM. Reason: typo