Thread: 2003 GMC Sonoma Repair manuals

2003 GMC Sonoma Repair manuals

I'm searching for an inexpensive set of manuals for doing repairs on my newly acquired truck.
    I'm trying to figure out what the fast clicking noise is when I go to start the truck. It doesn't sound like a starter solenoid issue and I don't know if this vehicle has a starter relay or voltage regulator in the circuit that is giving me the fast clicking sound and with enough twisting of the ignition key, it does start.
    I've been out of the auto service world for a very long time and I'm not so sure about Haynes/Chilton/whoever manuals. I'm not a tech....I just need to fix my truck.

Please advise if you can. Thank you....
    Thanks & Happy Wood Chips,
    Dennis -
    Get the Benefits of Being an SMC Contributor..!
    ....DEBT is nothing more than yesterday's spending taken from tomorrow's income.

Try your local library.

On the other hand, the first thing you can start with is check to make sure connections are good and clean through out the starting circuit. A meter is helpful, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Orbine View Post
    Try your local library.

On the other hand, the first thing you can start with is check to make sure connections are good and clean through out the starting circuit. A meter is helpful, too.
    Local library has nothing for reference. Already checked there. Since the rain is supposed to be gone after tonight, I'll make time to get out there and check it over, but I've been driving the truck for over a week without issue.
    Thanks & Happy Wood Chips,
    Dennis -
    Get the Benefits of Being an SMC Contributor..!
    ....DEBT is nothing more than yesterday's spending taken from tomorrow's income.

Just asking, any chance the fast clicking could be a fuel pump that is going bad. If it is allowing the fuel to drain out of the line when off it will do a lot of clicking when you turn it on but take a bit to fill the line so it will start.
    Sometimes we see what we expect to see, and not what we are looking at! Scott

There is an online forum for everything - I used to keep my 15-year-old F150 alive by searching topics on the F150 forum (I never had to ask a question because the answers were usually there two or three times) and both the Chilton and Hayes manuals just for the photo instructions. You can find youtube videos showing many repair processes too, but I need to have the pictures at the truck with me. I'll bet there is a good GMC truck forum -if you do a long search chain like "2003 Sonoma starting fast clicking" you will likely find such a forum and maybe an answer.
    good luck
    Karl

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Donley View Post
    Just asking, any chance the fast clicking could be a fuel pump that is going bad. If it is allowing the fuel to drain out of the line when off it will do a lot of clicking when you turn it on but take a bit to fill the line so it will start.
    What he said.
    As far as manuals are concerned, for anything made this century, I'd go with "real" GM factory service manuals, not third-party.
    Last edited by Lee DeRaud; 05-05-2017 at 5:36 PM.
    Yoga class makes me feel like a total stud, mostly because I'm about as flexible as a 2x4.
    "Design"? Possibly. "Intelligent"? Sure doesn't look like it from this angle.
    We used to be hunter gatherers. Now we're shopper borrowers.
    The three most important words in the English language: "Front Towards Enemy".
    The world makes a lot more sense when you remember that Butthead was the smart one.
    You can never be too rich, too thin, or have too much ammo.

There was a time when I found "Motors" manuals to be better than the competition. That was a couple decades ago. Now, I would only purchase factory service manuals.
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....