Thread: Arts and Crafts Nirvana

Arts and Crafts Nirvana

Road trip this week in the cradle of Arts and Crafts. Stayed in East Aurora, NY at the Roycroft Inn. Sensory overload on Vintage Roycroft/Stickley pieces. Walked across the street to the Roycroft Campus. Overload continues. Did some damage in the gift shop. Following day we travel to Fayetteville, NY and check into the Craftsman Inn. All Stickley furnishings. Yow! Quartersawn White Oak everywhere. The next day we toured the Stickley factory in Manlius. It was awesome. I met Mrs. Audi. Sweet lady. Then a couple days in Cooperstown, then to Corning to geek out on glass.

I took scant few photos but will post some when I get home. I'm an arts and crafts junkie with thirteen pieces of Stickley/Quaint in my house, and several tribute pieces of my own design and manufacture. It's been good to be in the cradle.

Had to share....

Last edited by Rob Luter; 05-05-2017 at 6:05 AM.
    Sharp solves all manner of problems.

^ Share some pictures!!! We want to see this stuff!!!

Hi Rob,

Thanks for the post. I really like the A&C stuff, and very much look forward to the pictures.

Thanks!

Stew

Pics added above. Sorry I didn't take more.

Thanks.

Is this early in the A&C period? The window trim, with the backband, looks like a standard country and similar trim detail (in this area, we see backbands in the Victorian/Edwardian houses, often used in non-public rooms like the kitchens, with different trim details in the public rooms).

It's right pretty work.

Yes. Some history here: http://www.roycroftinn.com/history.html

Thanks for the pictures Rob. Really want to go and stay at that hotel and do the similar tours to yours. I'm trying to arrive at a point where I have a small bungalow completely furnished in A&C style. Have made quite a few pieces since the mid 90's and have an agreement of first refusal with a potential seller of a 1921 house. Now I just need for the planets to align.....

It's been quite a few years since I visited the Roycroft. Glad to see it hasn't changed. Thanks for the quick trip down memory lane.