Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Backlash and cheating....

It's not quite ready to go. Fixing a couple stripped grease fittings. I am 37 minutes South of the toll road down 69, feel free to stop by on your way back if you want.

An Oakley H5 has joined the Mattison and Eksrtom.

Quote Originally Posted by Darcy Warner View Post
    An Oakley H5 has joined the Mattison and Eksrtom.
    you have problem.

Small change in plans for me now. A semi sliced through the front fender and about tore my passenger door off last night while on the interstate around Janesville. Drove home this morning and hopped on a plane. I'm in Chicago flying to New York, renting a truck and driving back tomorrow. $3-4k to fix my pickup I'm guessing. $1k for a one way truck rental, and an entire day lost. I'm a little cranky about how much it's costing me to pick up this planer. Should've been a few hundred dollars in fuel and a balls to wall road trip to upstate New York. grrr. Pretty sure I could've justified shipping it now.

At least I spent two hours cleaning the inside of my pickup before I left so the body guy can maul it.

Just have stuff shipped. Freight is cheap. Fuel and time isn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Darcy Warner View Post
    Just have stuff shipped. Freight is cheap. Fuel and time isn't.
    Short notice and I need it plugged in and ready to go this week. Plus it was from a private party. Had it been a dealer, I likely would've said crate it and here's my credit card number.

My only problem is good deals. They are too hard to resist.

Had a little time tonight to get started cleaning up the H5.
    Oakley sure poured some beautiful castings, found a cool timken roller bearing decal under the saw dust and grease fuzz.20170726_203357.jpg

20170726_203407.jpg

Are you sure it's a H5 it says on the machine C14.
    Aj

Captain slacker, I did end up replacing oscillating motor bearings and reworking idler end pulley, but it's alive now.

https://youtu.be/gA9_CvtMVAs

Made it back in one piece and dry. My brother wrapped and tarped the snot out of it somewhere around Wisconsin Dells. Is it on 480 right now, or 230?

Also, any idea what length those belts are?

looks like 8x164

Quote Originally Posted by Martin Wasner View Post
    Made it back in one piece and dry. My brother wrapped and tarped the snot out of it somewhere around Wisconsin Dells. Is it on 480 right now, or 230?

Also, any idea what length those belts are?
    Low voltage, 240v. Some of those belts were labeled on the inside. It's a big old girl for sure.