Thread: Toys

Toys

I have a friend who is sending his daughter off to a very poor country to be a missionary. The kids there have only mud and sticks to play with so I thought I would make some simple toys. I didn't want them to break easily so the design was a challenge. So I made dolls, trucks and crocs.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Nicely done!

Nice job.... For good use.
    No PHD, but I have a DD 214

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Breckenridge View Post
    I have a friend who is sending his daughter off to a very poor country to be a missionary. The kids there have only mud and sticks to play with so I thought I would make some simple toys. I didn't want them to break easily so the design was a challenge. So I made dolls, trucks and crocs.
    Gary,

Most excellent! The kids will love them!

I've sent things with a missionary friend to a orphanage in Romania - those kids have very little, most don't even have socks. A toy is a treasure.

Hey, when is the girl headed out? I've made hundreds of little finger tops that went to kids in Romania, Mexico, Haiti, and other places. If there is enough time, I'd be glad to make another batch. Just send me a private message with an address (and a deadline!)

These are great for kids of all ages plus adults. I like to challenge the kids to learn how to turn them upside-down I always take a pocketful when I travel both here and abroad - great way to start conversations, meet new friends, and make someone's day.

JKJ

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Breckenridge View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by John K Jordan View Post
    Gary,

Most excellent! The kids will love them!

I've sent things with a missionary friend to a orphanage in Romania - those kids have very little, most don't even have socks. A toy is a treasure.

Hey, when is the girl headed out? I've made hundreds of little finger tops that went to kids in Romania, Mexico, Haiti, and other places. If there is enough time, I'd be glad to make another batch. Just send me a private message with an address (and a deadline!)

These are great for kids of all ages plus adults. I like to challenge the kids to learn how to turn them upside-down I always take a pocketful when I travel both here and abroad - great way to start conversations, meet new friends, and make someone's day.

JKJ
    It's awesome to see people putting smiles on children's faces
    Great job!