Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Laser machine, where did you buy and how much did it cost to your doorstep?

Laser machine, where did you buy and how much did it cost to your doorstep?

HI Guys,

I am looking for a machine... Its been a nightmare so far.
    For the record, I am frugal guy... ( so please I understand the adage, you get what you pay for... so don't)

What I am asking for is this.

What machine did YOU buy:
    How much did it cost:
    How much did you pay for shipping:
    How much for import taxes and customs etc.:

And who did you deal with?

I found the perfect machine... even saw how they built it... agreed upon the price, signed and sent back the contract... Paid them... and then, had to hear promises of " no, no, we will ship it tomorrow every day for a week... I finally canceled the deal and got my money back through alibaba...

AVOID CHUANGYA!!!

And Yes I have heard "I told you so" about a 1000 times in 3 days

Thanks Guys! I really appreciate every ounce of info you can provide!!
    Kehui 100w 900x600 with adjustable z axis table,
    3 jaw chuck rotary
    CW 5000 water chiller

English version RdWorks V8.01.28, ( newest version )
    Windows 7 & 10
    Corel Suite X8

30w Fiber Laser with Raycus power source
    rotary and other fun toys I know nothing about yet...lol

How good are you are troubleshooting and repairing electrical / electronics otherwise rule out direct Import.

Lots of US venders selling Chinese machines, Boss, LightObject and Rabbit USA is just a few. I have a Ray Fine fiber that I Imported directly, others have also. Do some searching on here you will find a lot of brands mentioned. Prices change daily.
    Retired Guy- Central Iowa.HVAC/R , Cloudray Galvo Fiber , -Windows 10

I just bought my first fiber laser. 30 watt. In fact, I am still learning how to use it. I bought it from Pete Charalampopoulos in Minnesota (209)712-0741. It is a Chinese made laser, but Pete appears to have made numerous upgrades to it. It came with the laptop and EXCAD software. It also came with jigs machine made for the shapes I needed. Total cost $8,100.00. I drove to MN to pick it up over the weekend. I choose to pick it up because I wanted to meet Pete in person. His price would have included the shipping.

I really appreciate Scott (on this forum: Richmond, Va) for spending a couple hours with me Monday night at his shop to help me get going with this machine. Scott was super nice.

Blog Entries
    Do a search or look for my posts. I've two Ray Fines, one CO2 other a 20W Fiber. But THEY ARE CHINESE! Heed Bill's advice. It is better for some to deal with US based company, or US built. Things happen.
    Woodworking, Old Tools and Shooting
    Ray Fine RF-1390 Laser Ray Fine 20watt Fiber Laser
    SFX 50 Watt Fiber Laser
    PM2000, Delta BS, Delta sander, Powermatic 50 jointer,
    Powermatic 100-12 planer, Rockwell 15-126 radial drill press
    Rockwell 46-450 lathe, and 2 Walker Turner RA1100 radial saws
    Jet JWS18, bandsaw Carbide Create CNC, RIA 22TCM 1911s and others

I had a great experience with Rabbit Laser in Ohio. Ray Scott imports rabbit lasers upgrades them to USA standards . He will deliver to your door help you set it up and give you training before he leave. I knew nothing about chinese lasers but was up and running in a few hours.Well worth th few xtra bucks.
    If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    8" bench mount 5 speed Drill Press
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

My Epilog is still going strong after 13 years. Over that time I replaced the tube 3 times, the first on warranty, two x-axis motors, the x-axis ribbon cable, one lens and two mirrors. It cost $16,000 in 2004, and paid for itself after the first year.

Sammamish, WA

Epilog Legend 24TT 45W, had a sign business for 17 years, now just doing laser work on the side.

"One only needs two tools in life: WD-40 to make things go, and duct tape to make them stop." G. Weilacher

"The handyman's secret weapon - Duct Tape" R. Green

Epilog Legend 32, 30 watt. Bought it a few years ago for about 1600 bucks at government auction.

Just a hobby for me. Still running strong. I just replaced both mirrors and the focus lens.

Frankly, I'm amazed the tube is still running. I took it apart when I first got it and the synrad tube assembly had a manufacture date of like November 2001 or something. It must not have been used all that much at whatever base hobby shop had it.

Not a hint of buyers regret in my case. I cannot stress enough how stressless my purchase was, and more than willing to pay a little, and I mean very little, more than chinese direct.

Rabbit QS 1290, 80 watt, 3 ft x 4 ft bed, delivered, laser installed, mirrors installed, mirrors aligned, software installed, AND tutorial on how to run it - all by the owner of Rabbit personally (Ray Scott). I can't fully remember the total - I believe it was just under 12 grand.

Ray gets full container loads of lasers, so he ACTUALLY has them in stock. They check everything and adjust the beds into square, etc. All tech support right here in USA.

He and Carol have always answered my questions. Laser still runs great after over a year of nearly EVERYDAY use.

No shipping costs, no import / tax blah blah blah - all built into a very reasonable price.

I hear Boss laser is real good this way too.
    john.blazy_dichrolam_llc
    Delta Unisaw, Rabbit QX-80-1290 80W Laser, 5 x 12 ft laminating ovens, Powermax 22/44, Accuspray guns, Covington diamond lap and the usual assortment of cool toys / tools.

Its interesting as Norton's just blocked me from accessing Rabbit Laser USA as it showed 4 Trojan horse viruses in the Downloads section.
    Last edited by Bill George; 05-06-2017 at 3:27 PM.

Bill what specifically were you trying to do?? I just went to Rabbit and had no problems downloading project or manuals.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill George View Post
    Its interesting as Norton's just blocked me from accessing Rabbit Laser USA as it showed 4 Trojan horse viruses in the Downloads section.
    If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

Quote Originally Posted by John Hendrick View Post
    I just bought my first fiber laser. 30 watt. In fact, I am still learning how to use it. I bought it from Pete Charalampopoulos in Minnesota (209)712-0741. It is a Chinese made laser, but Pete appears to have made numerous upgrades to it. It came with the laptop and EXCAD software. It also came with jigs machine made for the shapes I needed. Total cost $8,100.00. I drove to MN to pick it up over the weekend. I choose to pick it up because I wanted to meet Pete in person. His price would have included the shipping.

I really appreciate Scott (on this forum: Richmond, Va) for spending a couple hours with me Monday night at his shop to help me get going with this machine. Scott was super nice.
    He was incredibly helpful to me also, gave me his personal cell and on the weekend. He refused to take any money also, what a nice guy.
    355 - 10400 : )

Quote Originally Posted by Bert Kemp View Post
    Bill what specifically were you trying to do?? I just went to Rabbit and had no problems downloading project or manuals.
    Do you recall last summer when I got a virus from a download (Ransom Ware) and Lost Everything on my main computer? I did have a back up that was 3 month old. That is when I took off all those free virus programs and put on Norton's. It found 4 viruses like I posted on in downloads area. Sure you can download all you want, but when Norton says there is a virus in the download.... I am a believer. Do what you want.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Bill George; 05-06-2017 at 6:01 PM.

Bill I didn't say I didn't believe you I ask what specifically you were doing on the site. Can't find or fix a problem if we don't know where it is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill George View Post
    Do you recall last summer when I got a virus from a download (Ransom Ware) and Lost Everything on my main computer? I did have a back up that was 3 month old. That is when I took off all those free virus programs and put on Norton's. It found 4 viruses like I posted on in downloads area. Sure you can download all you want, but when Norton says there is a virus in the download.... I am a believer. Do what you want.
    Last edited by Bert Kemp; 05-07-2017 at 4:02 PM. Reason: meant this
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

Bought a Shenhui twin 80 watt 1580 eight years ago for total of $9300 of which $2600 was for shipping/clearance by freight forwarder. One original tube still going and 2nd tube replaced two years ago.
    Have put over $200K worth of business thru it with only replacement lens twice.
    Best regards
    GM Perzel
    Laserarts
    *twin 80 watt Shenhui 1280
    *60 watt Laserpro Mercury -42ips
    *(2) 30 watt Laserpro Venus-42 ips
    *whole bunch of woodworking/metalworking machines
    *128 screwdrivers (all needed)
    *wonderful wife (1st) of 53 years who allows me to collect screwdrivers

15. I just got my machine last week and installed. I went with G. Weike LC1390 w/ 150w Reci W6.

Base price of the machine was 3800 with accessories and lenses it came to about 4300. They let me pay in two installments of half. The second when they sent me pics of it finished in the warehouse and before it shipped. Both payments were by bank wire xfer.

I used nina@wklaser.com and she was amazing. She responded quickly to all my emails and questions and stayed responsive during the customs phase of the process when I needed and FDA document. I can't say enough good things about her. Consider there is a day/night delay with China and she often was answering emails late into her night.

It was about $180 in shipping from china to the Port of Oakland and was included in the $4300 price.

Another $180 fee for freight forwarding I think. Truck delivery from port to my home (close by) was another $180. Customs fees I don't have the details of but all together to get it to my home I paid about $850.

The total was about $5100 all in. 150w laser, rotary, full set of 7 different lenses, blower, air pump , and she upgraded me to the CW5200 chiller at no additional charge.

BTW it worked just fine on arrival. The only real issue was the bed holding bracket had slipped on one corner and needed to be raised to make it level which was easy to do.

I went with G. Weike because from what I have heard they make many of the other brand's lasers machines in the same factory before they get marked up and re-branded. They've been doing this for 15 years and have the process down well. There was not a hint of any shadyness at any point and I got exactly what I asked for for less money than what I was expecting to pay through ebay. G. Weiki sells a lot of industrial laser and CnC equipment and now that I'm on their email list I keep getting invites to the trade shows they attend. My impression is this 5k machine is small potatoes for their business.

Oh and I used Ability Customs Brokers in San Leandro, CA and had a great experience with them as well.

I have a friend in Germany who is waiting to receive the exact same machine in a month or two. This was my experience. I hope yours goes well.

--Christopher
    Last edited by Christopher Cambridge; 05-06-2017 at 9:36 PM.