Thread: HF dust collector

HF dust collector

Well....I have never been a big fan of their power tools....or power anything for that matter. Haveing owned a few, my luck with their product has not been that great.

However, I picked up one of their larger two bag dust collector's the other day and this thing works wonderfully. In fact, the only reason I pulled the trigger on it was do to the sale price of 169.00!!! I have owened the Jet 1100 and this thing operates every bit as well as that one. I am not sure what the quailty of the bags are....it does not state a micron rateing on them. But, if you need an extra dust collector...or your first(and your on a budget)...go take a peak at this one if you have a HF near you.

I agree! I have one and love it. It picks up all the dust off of my table saw, jointer and planer. The micron rating on the bags is 30 so it is pretty terrible. I still want to install a wynn filter, but I haven't yet done that.

I picked mine up for pretty cheap and really like it!
    Jeff Sudmeier

"It's not the quality of the tool being used, it's the skills of the craftsman using the tool that really matter. Unfortunately, I don't have high quality in either"

My guess it that the bags are 30 micron. I have never heard an owner of a HF DC ever complain about this unit. When on sale probably the best value for the dollar. They are on sale at our HF for $159. Many owners add this to improve the HF system. I came very close to buying this HF unit, but I found a Jet DC1100CK that had been demo'd at the Las Vegas show. Amazon has it on sale right now for $480 less a $50 rebate, I got mine, assembled and just a cup of dust in the bag, for $358 less the $50 rebate for a net of $308. I really like the pleated canister and the plastic bag. I replaced a Ridgid 650 CFM, the improvement is awesome.
    Hello, My name is John and I am a toolaholic

4. These things Suck!!

I mean that in a good way.
    Make sure you change the bags on these if you want to breathe easier as stated earlier these are 30 micron bags. I purchased the 1 micron bags from Highland hardware and they are much better.

Also, you may want to think about a separator to ensure larger pieces don't hit the impeller or better yet a cyclone.

Do a search on HF dust collector on this forum and check out all the great things others have said about this product.

Highly recommended.

Wallace

I got my HF DC over a year ago and it has worked well for me. As you can see in the attached picture, I have the Wyn filter and a separator. Most of the chips stay in the separator and only the finer dust ends up in the DC bag. I found out that I have to empty the separator can when it gets half full, otherwise it starts to send the finer chips into the DC bag. I'm running 4" S&D which also works well. The dust has been cut down to almost nothing in the shop now. Most of the dust comes from sanding on the work bench. I still have not been overly successful in eliminating all of this type of dust.
    Attached Images Attached Images