Thread: Messages remain Bold

Messages remain Bold

It used to be that when visiting this site only messages that were new since my last visit were bold. Now it seems like even days old messages are bold and I have to look for the posting date to determine if it was there last time I visited. Is anyone else seeing this or have I managed to accidentally change a setting somehow ?

Blog Entries
    Same here.

And here too

And here three.
    George

Making sawdust regularly, occasionally a project is completed.

I went and used the mark as read this morning to start over

Another funny due to new site software, I suppose.

Blog Entries
    Check out what to do here!
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute

Blog Entries
    Count me as another that really misses the BOLD thread title for unread items. Not a step forward at all.
    NOW you tell me...

As soon as a software fix is available Aaron will hopefully be able to correct all of the problems that the last upgrade has caused.

When, is it estimated, this problem will be fixed ? It's quite cumbersome and annoying. Thank you.

At this point we don't know when another update will be available. I can tell you that the software patch that caused all of the problems we have been experiencing has been nothing but trouble for us to manage as well as the problems you guys have been having to deal with.

I mentioned this before, we are going to install new forum software soon. Things will be different but once everyone gets accustomed to the changes I doubt anyone will miss vBullitin.

Blog Entries
    This was a problem for me. The workaround was after reading the last post in a thread, scroll to the top of the page and click on the conference name at the top of the page.

In this case:

Home * ForumForum Info and Community Discussion * Forum Tech Support * Messages remain Bold

> Forum Tech Support < would be selected and it will return to the top page of the conference and the title is no longer bold unless someone posted while reading or it carries over to another page.

It is annoying to have to do the work around, but hopefully the change of software in the future makes things much better.

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)