Thread: Quick reply widget spins, typing gets missed; painful to use right now!

Quick reply widget spins, typing gets missed; painful to use right now!

Something is wrong!

Blog Entries
    What device and software are you working with???
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute

I had the same thing yesterday when I tried to reply with quote....widget keeps spinning and would only quote a few words, not the whole quote (laptop with Win7) even as I type this the reply widget is still spinning....

That's how mine is behaving too, Win10/64, Microsoft Surface Book, IE11.
    Yoga class makes me feel like a total stud, mostly because I'm about as flexible as a 2x4.
    "Design"? Possibly. "Intelligent"? Sure doesn't look like it from this angle.
    We used to be hunter gatherers. Now we're shopper borrowers.
    The three most important words in the English language: "Front Towards Enemy".
    The world makes a lot more sense when you remember that Butthead was the smart one.
    You can never be too rich, too thin, or have too much ammo.

I can't get through more than a 1-2 line reply without it crashing IE. My suspicion is an ad-refresh script is getting higher priority than the user-input script.
    Yoga class makes me feel like a total stud, mostly because I'm about as flexible as a 2x4.
    The world makes a lot more sense when you remember that Butthead was the smart one.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by William Fretwell View Post
    Something is wrong!
    I'm not seeing that problem with Win10/64 IE 11. Nor do I see that problem with Win10/64 Firefox 53.0.2 (32-bit).

We are seeing a few issues with the new version of VB4 that was just brought on line. Let us know if the problem persists.
    Last edited by Lee Schierer; 05-06-2017 at 5:49 PM.
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Schierer View Post
    I'm not seeing that problem with Win10/64 IE 11.
    I am...in this post, in fact.

Same problem. Running Windows 10/64 and IE11. Causes Explorer shutdown.
    Rustic? Well, no. That was not my intention!

We have no choice other then to wait for vBulletin to provide a patch to correct all of the problems from this software upgrade.

Just the way my feeble mind works I suppose, but is it still an "upgrade" when it breaks stuff?

Quote Originally Posted by James Tibbetts View Post
    Just the way my feeble mind works I suppose, but is it still an "upgrade" when it breaks stuff?
    OK I posted over in the Engravers Forum about slow Forum and now I am seeing its not just me!
    Same computer I have used for years, Windows 7 Pro IE and I am also using Norton's which I do know adds some slowness but it been on for nearly a year without the issues I am having now!
    Retired Guy- Central Iowa.HVAC/R , Cloudray Galvo Fiber , -Windows 10

So I did a tracert and its posted over on the Engraving Forum It shows a route that included 4.69.211.186 which leads to Level 3 Communications Inc in San Jose CA. Why would my ISP route clear out to Calif?
    Last edited by Bill George; 05-13-2017 at 2:22 PM.
    Retired Guy- Central Iowa.HVAC/R , Cloudray Galvo Fiber , -Windows 10

FWIW, the symptoms seem to go away if you switch to the 'standard' editor (tip of the hat to John K. Jordan for pointing this out), so vBulletin may have changed the 'full' (WYSIWYG) editor. That may be a workaround until the forum up/down/sidegrades to a stable version.

Happened again yesterday. Do you recommend that we change the editor settings as Lee wrote? Let me know if you need additional info.
    Rustic? Well, no. That was not my intention!

Blog Entries
    When others have had weird problems, clearing the cookies seems to help at least for a while. I've had no problems (where's a piece of wood to knock on) using Windows 10 and Firefox.
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!