Thread: Appropriate Request?

Appropriate Request?

My son-in-law is working on his masters and for one of his classes he has to get input for a new product from different areas of potential customers. Is it appropriate to post something here, say a link to a google doc, where those interested can answer some questions?

I was talking to him the other day about a lack of quality shop vacuum attachments and he picked that up as his project. Not sure yet how many questions, perhaps 10 - 15. He has broken the potential customers into 5 groups or so. They are:

1 - Professional woodworkers
    2 - Hobbiest
    3 - Handyman
    4 - Detailers
    5 - Other (such as HVAC or Plumbers)

I suppose what I really need is an answer from a moderator. And if appropriate, which section to post it? Here on off-topics, or general woodworking, or other?

He might look into SurveyMonkey or Google Forms. Posting a link to a Google Docs file link on the open internet with write permissions might lead to unintended consequences.

How about an idea for a router with a swivel power cord attachment at the top so, each time one goes around a table top, they don't have to do a pirouette holding the router over their head to unwind the cord ? ..Or an idea for a low profile computer mouse with both buttons on the same side of the wheel so the hand can be held in a comfortable position ?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Yonak Hawkins View Post
    each time one goes around a table top, they don't have to do a pirouette holding the router over their head to unwind the cord ?
    That I would like to see....

No photos, it doesn't happen.
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute

Mark, it would probably best if folks interested in participating in the survey contact you privately, rather than posting a link to something like that. BTW, I'll also agree that using Survey Monkey or similar is a better way to do this as compared to a document. And that's doubly important given the recent issue with a nefarious GoogleDocs situation that's been noted in the press.

Jim
    Forum Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Schierer View Post
    That I would like to see....

No photos, it doesn't happen.
    Lee, my avatar shows the going around the panel part but only my wife is privy to the pirouette. However, for the right remittance, I'm sure my wife would betray me with a photo.