Thread: Back arrow

Back arrow

After Reading a post the back arrow used to take me back to where I left off on the page. Now it takes me to the he beginning of the page.
    Steve Jenkins, McKinney, TX. 469 742-9694
    Always use the word "impossible" with extreme caution

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Jenkins View Post
    After Reading a post the back arrow used to take me back to where I left off on the page. Now it takes me to the he beginning of the page.
    Me too! drives me nuts. This is the only forum I visit that behaves this way.

It actually goes back to the correct location, just for a flash, then reverts to the top of the page.

Any chance of fixing this???

edit to add: also, when displaying a page, it is necessary to click on the page, anywhere, just click in order for scrolling to be enabled.
    Firefox 52.1.2 W10
    Last edited by Ken Combs; 05-24-2017 at 11:51 AM.

Anyone else having this problem?
    Please let us know what browser and operating system you are using.

Safari on my Iphone

Ken, I'm using Firefox 53.0.3 on Win 10. The back arrow works as expected and I see no quick screen flashes like you described. I tried it with the browser back arrow as well as the Alt-LeftArrow equivalent.

Also, the scrolling works as expected. I'm scrolling by using the down/up arrows on this laptop (Dell Precision). If click on a title in an index to display a thread the arrow keys work immediately. I haven't tried using a wheel on a mouse - is that what you are using for scrolling? If so, I can find the mouse and test that.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Combs View Post
    Me too! drives me nuts. This is the only forum I visit that behaves this way.
    It actually goes back to the correct location, just for a flash, then reverts to the top of the page.
    Any chance of fixing this???
    edit to add: also, when displaying a page, it is necessary to click on the page, anywhere, just click in order for scrolling to be enabled.
    Firefox 52.1.2 W10

It all worked fine then seemed to change with the latest upgrade to the website

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Jenkins View Post
    It all worked fine then seemed to change with the latest upgrade to the website
    Same here! I use a laptop, either backspace or browser back button works the same. Two different laptops too.

As of this AM, it seems to be working 'normally'. Don't know what changed, your end or mine, but the issue seems to be resolved.

I'm having the problem as well. It is still going back to the top of the page. It does it on one of the other blogs as well. Using chrome.
    You never get the answer if you don't ask the question.

Joe