Thread: Epilog Reseller in China - Feedback Request

Epilog Reseller in China - Feedback Request

Hello,

We found this reseller in China of Epilog Laser Engravers.

The pricing they are quoting is much more aggressive than US dealers.

I am skeptical of purchasing an Epilog from China. Anyone have any experience with this company?

I can save about $8,000 going through these folks.

http://www.spectivemedia.com/

Thanks,

Quote Originally Posted by Barton Scott View Post
    Hello,

We found this reseller in China of Epilog Laser Engravers.

The pricing they are quoting is much more aggressive than US dealers.

I am skeptical of purchasing an Epilog from China. Anyone have any experience with this company?

I can save about $8,000 going through these folks.

http://www.spectivemedia.com/

Thanks,
    I think you already know what we're going to say.....But to sum it up Epilog doesn't manufacture their machines in China; so there's no way they would be able to sell them that much cheaper (or even rip them off and sell you a real copy).

If you really want to find out for yourself. have them send you a picture of the serial number on the Epilog stamp/sticker. Then call Epilog and ask about that specific machine. My guess is you won't get that far though...
    60W, Boss Laser 1630
    75W, Epilog Legend 24EX
    Jet Left Tilting table saw and Jet 18" Band saw
    Adobe Creative suite and Laserworks 8

Chinese laser - $4,000
    Epilog laser - $18,000
    Chinese laser with an Epilog sticker - $10,000

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Hair View Post
    Chinese laser - $4,000
    Epilog laser - $18,000
    Chinese laser with an Epilog sticker - $10,000
    I truly laughed out loud at that. Nice summary.
    60W, Boss Laser 1630
    75W, Epilog Legend 24EX
    Jet Left Tilting table saw and Jet 18" Band saw
    Adobe Creative suite and Laserworks 8

OK. THANKS! I figured as much but being a newbie in this I had to ask.

not so fast----

They're also selling Gravograph's and Universals-- while I'm still looking at the Epilog, the Gravograph is a brand new 2015 model-- so it says. My LS900 was a year-old model, AND just before the switch to USB from parallel cable connection- and mine was discounted about $6000 back then...

So it IS plausible these guys are buying old new stock from the mfr's for $xx and jacking up the price a bit... It IS IMO worth further research...
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

I'd like to see that conversation with the school people writing the check. "So, you want me to do a wire transfer for the full amount to a bank account in China, and once it's done, we have no recourse if they don't send it?".
    Lasers : Trotec Speedy 300 75W, Trotec Speedy 300 80W, Galvo Fiber Laser 20W
    Printers : Mimaki UJF-6042 UV Flatbed Printer , HP Designjet L26500 61" Wide Format Latex Printer, Summa S140-T 48" Vinyl Plotter
    Router : ShopBot 48" x 96" CNC Router Rotary Engravers : (2) Xenetech XOT 16 x 25 Rotary Engravers

Real name Steve but that name was taken on the forum. Used Middle name. Call me Steve or Scott, doesn't matter.

Blog Entries
    No way, on top of this, how was it look if you reimported one of these machines (if they really did exist) and then went on epilogs Facebook page and bragged about it?
    It's an Epilogue! That's it!
    Woodworking, Old Tools and Shooting
    Ray Fine RF-1390 Laser Ray Fine 20watt Fiber Laser
    SFX 50 Watt Fiber Laser
    PM2000, Delta BS, Delta sander, Powermatic 50 jointer,
    Powermatic 100-12 planer, Rockwell 15-126 radial drill press
    Rockwell 46-450 lathe, and 2 Walker Turner RA1100 radial saws
    Jet JWS18, bandsaw Carbide Create CNC, RIA 22TCM 1911s and others

Just to put a bow on this discussion:

It's our opinion (at Epilog) that this company has no affiliation for many of the brands they offer on their website. They definitely have no affiliation with Epilog Laser. Our opinion is it’s a bait and switch…

More than likely, when a prospect inquires about the Epilog product, these guys may reach out to dealers in the region for quotation but pricing will be much higher than stated on their site since they’re now reselling above street price. Presuming the customer balks at the new pricing, they then offer a lower priced Chinese laser. Could be wrong but that’s what appears to be happening.

Regarding them purchasing from U.S. and reselling, we don’t think this is the case either since they’d be purchasing at a better price from U.S. but shipping / duties / customs / delivery and their profits will drive the price much higher than stated on their site.
    Jeanette Brewer
    Engraving Concepts

Jeanette,

I agree 100%. You have been very GREAT and professional to deal with.