Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Death from Fractal Burning!

Quote Originally Posted by Thom Sturgill View Post
    New AAW policy just announced (in part because of this death):

It is the policy of the American Association of Woodturners (AAW) that the process known as Fractal Burning is prohibited from being used in any AAW-sponsored events, including regional and national symposia, and that AAW-chartered chapters are strongly urged to refrain from demonstrating or featuring the process in chapter events. Further, the process of Fractal Burning shall not be featured in any written or online AAW publication, except for within articles that warn against its use. AAW publications will not accept advertisements for any products or supplies directly related to the process.

Not wanting to appear as an ol fuddy-duddy or stick in the mud to artistic expression and creativity, I couldn't agree more with AAW's position on this subject.
    Member Turners Anonymous Pittsburgh, PA

Quote Originally Posted by Brice Rogers View Post
    Roger, that is simply "shocking"!!!! (Sorry, but i couldn't resist the urge from my dry sense of humor...)
    This is sad to hear, but I share your sense of humor. Not to diminish the gravity of this man's loss, but it does remind me of a thief that died of electrocution in Conway, AR several years ago stealing copper from an a/c unit. I was sad to hear of the death, but could not contain my laughter when the local paper printed comments from the local PD officer...Major Shock.

Well said David. I see that the AAW agrees and does not support this process.
    Pete

* It's better to be a lion for a day than a sheep for life - Sister Elizabeth Kenny *
    I think this equates nicely to wood turning as well . . . . .