Thread: Help with Hammer K3 "Precision miter gauge index" option....no info on Hammer web sit

Help with Hammer K3 "Precision miter gauge index" option....no info on Hammer web sit

I'm considering getting the optional "precision miter gauge index" for a Hammer K3 winner. Oddly, neither the Hammer website nor the Felder eShop site have any information on it. My Hammer rep quoted $237 and confirmed no info is available. Without some description of the features I'm not comfortable laying out the cash based on the product description alone. I'm hoping some fellow Creekers that have this option can share their experience. I believe the outrigger fence is already equipped with a miter scale so I'm interested in knowing how the optional "precision" gauge index will improve cutting accuracy, and whether I really need the added degree of accuracy. Am I to presume the included index isn't precise?

Thanks.
    Scott Vroom

I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.

Hi Scott, I have it on mine.

it's a steel plate with a bunch of holes punched in it, that bolts to your outrigger table.

the crosscut fence mounting block is changed to one with a pin, and the pin indexes into the hole in the plate, looking your crosscut fence in the exact position for that angle.

The marked scale is somewhat accurate in the same manner the mitre gauge for a cabinet saw is somewhat accurate.

Regards, Rod.

Hi Rod,

In what increments are the holes (angles)?

Scott
    Scott Vroom

I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.

West Central Alberta, East of the Rockies - West of the Rest
    Page 54 in the 2015 Felder Catalog, may be different in the current edition. The Felder version is 'dead' accurate at any angle once calibrated properly.
    Attached Images Attached Images

John, thanks. I found it in the current Felder catalog, on page 60 along with the other Hammer saw options. I'm surprised the Hammer rep was unable to point me to it.

http://fms.felder-group.com/Kataloge...ndex.html#60/z
    Scott Vroom