Thread: Robland XSDB310 Jointer/planer

Robland XSDB310 Jointer/planer

Does anyone know anything about the Robland XSDB310? I can find next to nothing on line and I can buy a used one close to home, asking price $1300. Thanks.

I have one and love it. I have planed big timbers and lots and lots of rough lumber. It is a combo machine, so make sure that is what you want. I can't recall what I paid new, but I would ask if the mortiser (and bits) comes with it.

I have a knock-off version purchased from Andreou Machinery; same machine but different color scheme sold by Laguna Tools for a number of years.
    This a good machine with lots of cast iron and heavy metal components. At that price I would snatch it up before some one else does. A 12" jointing capacity comes in handy often (I still want an16" machine) and having a matching planer is a plus. The space savings is a nice bonus as well.
    Laguna no longer sells that machine but there are few moving parts to go wrong, so service should not be a problem. My only complaint is the fence system is a budget item; I always check for parallel after moving it for tilting the tables for planning.