Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lee Valley free shipping

Nice Dave! I was wrong, but I still contend you'll see it again just before the 4th of July. So in case you forget to order something this week...

Quote Originally Posted by Greg R Bradley View Post
    Not saying anything negative about Lee Valley but if you want a really good watering hose reel, I would go here:
    https://www.eleyhosereels.com/
    Yeah, but twice the price. I looked at them as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg R Bradley View Post
    Not saying anything negative about Lee Valley but if you want a really good watering hose reel, I would go here:
    https://www.eleyhosereels.com/
    Ha! Nice! $150-200 for a garden hose reel! Can't say Ive ever cared about anything in my front or back yard THAT much!
    If at first you don't succeed, redefine success!

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Rivel View Post
    Ha! Nice! $150-200 for a garden hose reel! Can't say Ive ever cared about anything in my front or back yard THAT much!
    It does depend on your use. Under my use, the BORG $80 units are "done" in a year and the feed mechanism starts leaking in a matter of days. I bet the $100 Lee Valley is done in 3 or 4 at max. I've had an Eley for 17 that still works well and has survived So Cal sun and fairly heavy use. I did specify "if you want a really good watering hose reel". That is what the nurseries buy and find they are much cheaper in the long run.

I agree Greg. My dad has killed probability a dozen hose reels and got an Eley and has been very happy. I fill up a couple water tables and kid pools, I don't think I need the $225 version.