Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Humidity and Temperature Room Requirements for a Laser Engraver

Blog Entries
    Hi Lee. That was my guess too, but thought I would ask.

I remember that incident with Dave Sheldrake and his stock of stuff was pretty bad. He couldnt tell from sheet to sheet what the settings were going to be. Unfortunately he had a large amount of stock on hand for his business. I assume he has worked that out since.

I tend to buy what I need as I go. An advantage to living just a few miles from good sources of supply. I also spray all my sheet stock with either lacquer or clear shellac as soon as I get it home using an HVLP sprayer so even if humidity is changing it affects my stock more slowly. And the coating also makes it easy to deal with any soot if my settings are not spot on.

Dave
    900x600 80watt EFR Tube laser from Liaocheng Ray Fine Tech LTD. Also a 900x600 2.5kw spindle CNC from Ray Fine. And my main tool, a well used and loved Jet 1642 Woodlathe with an outboard toolrest that helps me work from 36 inch diameters down to reallllllly tiny stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Bert Kemp View Post
    Well if I don't have a co2 water cooled laser please enlighten me and the rest of the world as to what I have.(i never said all co2 lasers were water cooled arggg))
    If I were to say "cars run on diesel" would you consider that to be true, or worthy of a correction? Perhaps that is too obvious because we all know that cars can run on a variety of fuels (even wood and candy bars), but some readers here may not realize that not all CO2 lasers use water cooling.

I think the part about saying that you don't know the difference is unnecessary, but I do think it is reasonable to point out that your statement, while not technically wrong, is not correct either.
    Shenhui 1440x850, 130 Watt Reci Z6
    Gerber Sabre 408

I think if you and others read the entire thread and the whole statement you wouldn't come back with some of these bone head statements. I said co2 lasers are water cooled and he said thats not true statement.if you read the thread instead of just a few words here and there then jump on me you would allso see I said not all co2 lasers are water cooled. But he said my statement was not true implying that NO!!! co2 lasers are water.
    cooledNothing needs to be pointed out I'm well aware that some co2 lasers are air cooled and some are water cooled.nuff said on the subject.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich Harman View Post
    If I were to say "cars run on diesel" would you consider that to be true, or worthy of a correction? Perhaps that is too obvious because we all know that cars can run on a variety of fuels (even wood and candy bars), but some readers here may not realize that not all CO2 lasers use water cooling.

I think the part about saying that you don't know the difference is unnecessary, but I do think it is reasonable to point out that your statement, while not technically wrong, is not correct either.
    If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    8" bench mount 5 speed Drill Press
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

I think if you and others read the entire thread and the whole statement you wouldn't come back with some of these bone head statements. I said co2 lasers are water cooled and he said thats not true statement.if you read the thread instead of just a few words here and there then jump on me you would allso see I said not all co2 lasers are water cooled....
    You clarified that not all lasers are water cooled after Glen raised the point. I think it is reasonable to make that clarification, I don't think it is necessary to insult.
    Shenhui 1440x850, 130 Watt Reci Z6
    Gerber Sabre 408

Rich, I'm pretty sure it's simply not worth trying to convince him of the error of his ways. Anyone else who reads his original comment and my reply will understand the distinction and its significance
    Last edited by Glen Monaghan; 05-29-2017 at 12:13 PM.

Blog Entries
    Rich, while I agree with you on the desire to clarify is good for anyone new, the manner of the correction that Glen posted was way over the top. I'm still what I would call a novice to most of you guys here but I think that for Glen to personally call out Bert's post and really impune his knowledge is over the top. Even I would have been a bit miffed​ with the post. We're here to help each other, not downgrade each other. At least that's why I'm here!
    Woodworking, Old Tools and Shooting
    Ray Fine RF-1390 Laser Ray Fine 20watt Fiber Laser
    SFX 50 Watt Fiber Laser
    PM2000, Delta BS, Delta sander, Powermatic 50 jointer,
    Powermatic 100-12 planer, Rockwell 15-126 radial drill press
    Rockwell 46-450 lathe, and 2 Walker Turner RA1100 radial saws
    Jet JWS18, bandsaw Carbide Create CNC, RIA 22TCM 1911s and others

Thank You John and Rich I somewhat agree that clarification might need to be pointed out. Yes I did say after the fact that not all were water cooled but I wasn't thinking its a new guy and didn't think I needed to point that out since I thought we were talking about glass tube co2 lasers . Thats what I get for thinking or not thinking, but yes I was ticked a bit over Glens post.oh and just to point something else out there are water cooled RF tubes.
    Last edited by Bert Kemp; 05-31-2017 at 1:29 AM.
    If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    8" bench mount 5 speed Drill Press
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

oh and just to point something else out there are water cooled RF tubes.
    Indeed, I think I recall having read that in, what, the 3rd post in this thread? ;^)

Yup I did Dave, I ended up dumping it, over 1,000 sheets in the end (2440mm x 1220mm sheets)

Now everything is stored in an environment controlled room at a fixed humidity and I don't get any more problems
    You did what !