Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Greg Watson's pin table!

Quote Originally Posted by Don Corbeil View Post
    Just wanted to give a shout out to member Greg Watson. I just received the pin table that he designed, and it's a great table, a real asset to my Speedy 300. Everything fits together beautifully, easy to move in and out of the machine, and, and the pins he ended up going with are just ideal. The table fits in my 300 work space like a glove, and is very solid. Very happy! I've attached a few pictures. Thanks Greg for all the work you did in putting this together!

Attachment 360206Attachment 360207Attachment 360208Attachment 360209
    What are those little pins called and what are they made of?
    sandcarving and sublimation.
    Trotec Speedy 300/80 watt!

Tami,
    I think that's a question for Greg, it sounds like he designed them, and then had them fabricated. They are a perfect size & shape. The number of pins shown in the picture is only a fraction of the total number I received with my table.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg W Watson View Post
    Don thanks for the shout out, I couldn't be happier with how it turned out and the pins that I designed are my favorite part

Don Corbeil

AutoCAD 2000i

Ladies and Gentlemen,

Please refrain from turning this thread into a classified advertisement. Greg is not allowed to enter into any conversation or topic that he has a financial interest, it is a violation of our Terms Of Service. Since Greg is not a Contributor I cannot move this thread to our Classifieds Forum.

Here is a picture of one I made with nails. I used the laser to cut the holes. The MDF chars on first contact with the laser which then prevents further burning of the wood. This one has been in use for a year now.

nailbed.jpg
    G. Weike LG900N 100W RECI RDWorks V8
    Leiming LM2513FL 1kW Raycus fiber laser cutter
    Wisely 50W Raycus engraver

Bill,

Can you show a picture of how you setup for acrylic with the tile please? I can't visualize what you're meaning and I do alot of acrylic and can use any help I can get!

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Bill George View Post
    I have used a honey comb insert on all three of my CO2 lasers so far and never felt the need for anything else. Not a honey comb made from light fixture grills but a real one. When cutting acrylic I just set up on some small ceramic tile to reduce the flash back.
    Rabbit Laser 36 x 48, 80 watt laser
    Full wood shop
    Plasma cutting machine, 4' x 4'
    Vinyl Cutter

Quote Originally Posted by Michele Welch View Post
    Bill,

Can you show a picture of how you setup for acrylic with the tile please? I can't visualize what you're meaning and I do alot of acrylic and can use any help I can get!

Thanks!
    No picture I just place small ceramic tile under the acrylic when I am cutting. Spaced so its not in the path of the cutting beam. Any Home Depot or the like sells, and they are cheap enough you can buy an assortment. My honey combs have been with every machine when it came, heavy steel.
    Last edited by Bill George; 05-24-2017 at 9:43 AM.
    Retired Guy- Central Iowa.HVAC/R , Cloudray Galvo Fiber , -Windows 10

So, Greg do you sell the pins and tables ??
    Trotec 300 80 watt ** on order**
    Laguna IQ CNC Router

Quote Originally Posted by Norman Roberts View Post
    So, Greg do you sell the pins and tables ??
    Last I heard, he wasn't selling the tables (he just organized having them made and didn't charge profit from the whole thing, and he was talking about having the pins made and selling them, but that was about a month ago and I haven't seen anything since. He had a big response in the Trotec users group on Facebook and not much of a response here. The cost came way down, close to $100 each for the table. It was a bargain. Sorry I missed it. It turned out fantastic.
    Lasers : Trotec Speedy 300 75W, Trotec Speedy 300 80W, Galvo Fiber Laser 20W
    Printers : Mimaki UJF-6042 UV Flatbed Printer , HP Designjet L26500 61" Wide Format Latex Printer, Summa S140-T 48" Vinyl Plotter
    Router : ShopBot 48" x 96" CNC Router Rotary Engravers : (2) Xenetech XOT 16 x 25 Rotary Engravers

Real name Steve but that name was taken on the forum. Used Middle name. Call me Steve or Scott, doesn't matter.

What Keith said, I don't want to break any forum rules. This was an at cost run which is why it was allowed here.

Greg

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Outten View Post
    Ladies and Gentlemen,

Please refrain from turning this thread into a classified advertisement. Greg is not allowed to enter into any conversation or topic that he has a financial interest, it is a violation of our Terms Of Service. Since Greg is not a Contributor I cannot move this thread to our Classifieds Forum.
    Trotec Speedy 300 60W, with Rotary Attachment
    Corel X8