Thread: Scroll saw & air compressor combo.

Scroll saw & air compressor combo.

I recently rebuilt a Delta 40-560 scroll saw that I picked-up really cheap.
    It needed a really good cleaning & the upper & lower arm bushings were pretty worn.

Original condition,
    IMG_1231.JPGIMG_1234.JPG
    I completely disassembled the scroll saw & cleaned it all up! I replaced the upper & lower arm bushings & also needed to repair the mounting/thread locations for the pivot posts.
    40-560 scroll saw disassembled 1.JPG
    The finished scroll saw works really good now & the previous vibration is gone now.
    IMG_2244.JPGIMG_2241.JPGIMG_2243.JPG

Next thing on my list was a custom stand & a small air compressor, Since the original small bellows style air pump that was originally on the scroll saw was not worth replacing. Even replacing it with a new larger style bellows wouldn't have helped that much.

Doug

I'm placing this scroll saw down in my basement so that was another reason to have a small air compressor handy.

Scroll saw on stand.
    IMG_2660.JPGIMG_2658.JPGIMG_2662.JPGIMG_2659.JPG

Small champion air compressor re-designed to fit under the scroll saw table/base.
    IMG_2655.JPGIMG_2653.JPGIMG_2654.JPG

Doug

And here is a couple more of the scroll saw with air compressor installed.

IMG_2657.JPGIMG_2661.JPG

Doug
    Last edited by Doug Walls; 05-14-2017 at 10:46 PM.

Doug, that's some good looking work, it's the kind of thing that I like to do as well. Will you be using the compressor only for the scroll saw dust or will it also be a general source of compressed air for the shop?

"The best things in life are not things."

Quote Originally Posted by James Combs View Post
    Doug, that's some good looking work
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by James Combs View Post
    Will you be using the compressor only for the scroll saw dust or will it also be a general source of compressed air for the shop?
    It's primarily used for the scroll saw to help keep the cut-line clear of dust & to blow out any little inside pieces after the pattern is cut.

The compressor only has a small 3gal. tank, So it doesn't have that much volume or CFM.
    It will probably come in handy for running a small brad nailer or other low air consumption tool.

The area I'm setting up in my basement is going to be mainly for hand-tools & small (quiet) power equipment. All my other larger & loud equipment is out in a detached two car garage where I don't have to worry about the noise bothering others in the house.

Doug