Thread: Creeker's Weekend Accomplishments

Creeker's Weekend Accomplishments

15 May 2017

Good Morning / Evening Everyone,
    Been a decent week even though oncall duty was a bit of a chore this time. Best part of all is that we all had a good Mother's Day celebration with family and friends. Gratitude and love for all the mothers in our family and a good time was had among us all for good food, family, and fun. I did the best I could to lavish The LOML with love, gratitude, honor, and respect. I feel that it all went well. I just need to start planning for mother's day next year a we-bit earlier than I did this year.

Been working on making bee hive boxes again in the shop and I have parts scattered everywhere. My hope is to have it done this week so I can get busy on other waiting projects that I need to get done as quickly as I can. The older I get, the harder it is for me to "hurry" about anything much.

That's it for me, so what did YOU do this past weekend?

Best of weeks to you all.
    Thanks & Happy Wood Chips,
    Dennis -
    Get the Benefits of Being an SMC Contributor..!
    ....DEBT is nothing more than yesterday's spending taken from tomorrow's income.

Phoned Mum in Adelaide for Mothers day. She is 96 and still has a driver's licence. Machined some skirting and architrave for the sleep out (enclosed verandah) out of scrap pine. Picked up a load of lucerne hay for the livestock. Cut firewood for the week. Two wood related things in that. Cheers

Another "mish-mash" weekend...mowed on Friday late afternoon because of the heavy rain that was expected on Saturday. Saturday was, well...very wet...so I spent most of it painting some trim in the kitchen that was left from a recent 'critter fix and then re-arranged how things were in the upper cabinets to be more functional. I also painted a couple of hive parts and prepared dinner. (NY Steak, sous vide and then seared...wow) Sunday, there was some gutter cleaning, patio cleaning, finishing up cleaning and reorganization of the one garage bay in my shop building, dealing with a screw in my left-rear tire and enjoying the delicious, slow-cooked pulled pork that Professor Dr. SWMBO made for dinner.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Started off sanding and re-staining all of the outdoor wood furniture in the back yard. Then I moved inside and ripped apart the walk-in pantry because I was disgusted at how disorganized it was. Built a whole ton of new storage solutions for it and now, we have empty shelves again. Gotta fill those up! This week, putting new closet doors into my oldest daughter's room before she comes home from college for the summer.

Spent Friday night putting up a 'temporary' lumber rack in my out building for the lumber. I was slightly off in my estimate of the lumber that we had. Last week I mentioned that it was about 500 bf, well it is closer to 800 bf. Saturday it took two trailer loads to get it all in there. With what I had on the other side of the building, I think I have a 1400 bf of lumber... I sure hope I don't have a fire out there, cause it will be a hot one.

Then we went to my friend's house to get a plan on selling the tools. Craftsman cast iron table saw, lathe, band saw, planer, Delta jointer, drill press, and he doesn't want anything. Now other than the table saw and the jointer, they are all from Harbor Freight, but still. We took some pictures and are going to post them up on CL. Also saw 7 wooden planes, from a couple of rounds to a 20" jointer plane. I think I will keep them so they stay together, I heard his wife say something about they were a grandfather's. But they are regrouping and downsizing.

Then I took the blades off of the mower and sharpened them.

Yesterday I got the batteries up from the basement and got them in the appropriate motorcycle and lawn mower. Lawn won't be in for another month, but the edges of the yard were getting pretty high. Makes a big difference with sharp blades. Also rearranged the garage for summer use.

Last night I sat down with a beer and fell asleep on the couch...