Thread: Can't post to forums

Can't post to forums

I am listed as a contributor on my profile, but am unable to post to the other forums. I also sent a PM to Keith on Saturday, but the message isn't listed in my message list.

David

David, we recently did a forum software update that has caused a few problems. That said, if you can post to the Tech Support forum you should be able to post to the other forums.

If you are not seeing sent messages make sure you have the "Save a copy of sent messages in my Sent Items folder by default" box checked under "Sent Private Messages".
    Go to Settings at the upper right of this page, click General Settings, and check the box.
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

David,

I just checked my PM box and I haven't received a message from you, try again.
    Once you are a Contributor here you instantly have access to every forum.

There is no "Post new thread" button on the front page of the Classifieds area from the forums. There is no "Post new thread" command under the forum tools dropdown either. I know that other members are posting there. Other areas of the forum have the post thread buttons.
    Including attachment with screen shot.

Attached Images Attached Images

I sent a message to you and did my original post in the tech support area. The PM obviously went into the ether. I have been posting to forums and PM'ing for many years and know what I am doing. I replied to my post in the tech support area with a screen capture showing absence of the "Post new message" button on the Classifieds page.

Quote Originally Posted by David Anglin View Post
    There is no "Post new thread" button on the front page of the Classifieds area from the forums. There is no "Post new thread" command under the forum tools dropdown either. I know that other members are posting there. Other areas of the forum have the post thread buttons.
    Including attachment with screen shot.

David, I have no idea how the forum software keeps up with who has what privileges. As a former software developer, I get frustrated by things I can't debug! I suspect you have already tried some of the things I try when running into odd issues with browser-based software here and elsewhere: logging out/in, deleting cookies, restarting the browser, restarting the computer, a different browser, a different computer.

BTW, I see this in classifieds, as you expected, of course:

temp_post_classified.jpg

JKJ

David, please provide your OS and browser information...it may be helpful What you are experiencing is very much an anomaly...and understanding what's on your end will be helpful to Keith and Aaron in troubleshooting why you can't see the new thread button in the Classifieds.

Jim
    Forum Moderator

David,

I found the problem with your account. Your title was Contributor but it expired on 11-06-2016. A mistake was made when your title was changed originally that prevented it from being changed even though the time was still being tracked and your access removed.

Sorry for the mistake, it has been corrected and I have given you a couple weeks access.

Got it. Donated again for the year. Thanks

New here not sure if I’m in right spot but this is my problem I recently bought a Sorby chuck it’s an old one. The size of chuck is 7/8 14tpi my lathe spindle is 1inch 8tpi can’t find a reducer to make this work. Does anyone out there have one to fit this Thanks Ken if I’m in wrong spot sorry

Des anyone look at this I see old post but no new one’s

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Nicol View Post
    Des anyone look at this I see old post but no new one’s
    Ken, you need to post a thread in the Turning discussion area about your issue. This thread is about a forum access
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...