Thread: Ridgid impact & drill kit $139 at the Borg

Ridgid impact & drill kit $139 at the Borg

Well, it is SWMBO's birthday. One thing she wanted was a battery drill that lives in the house.

So, I go to the borg (HD) with the intention of getting a cheapie B&D for her.

But there, to my suprise was a Ridgid kit with the 14.4 v compact impact driver with quick chuck, a 14.4v 3/8 drill, 2 batteries, a charger, and a nice carry bag- all for $139! This is down from $199.

So, being devious, I decided to clean up my Makita 14.4 v drill and charger and give that to her (it is rather new) and these gems will go to the shop!

I've been considering getting a Ridgid battery drill anyway because of the constant problems I have with batteries- and Ridgid has a lifetime warranty that includes batteries.

I have the 12v Makita impact driver and love it- but only one of my batteries works anymore. And the contacts have gotten flaky in the drill, so I need to jostle it to get it to work.

The ridgid is nearly identical in design and size to the makita, plus it has a bit storage clip, which the makita desperately needs.

So- this seems like a good deal for all concerned. No affiliation, btw.

Cheers-

I almost bought the Rigid 14.4v a few months ago, but stuck with Makita due to the lighter weight. I'm impressed by almost all of the Rigid hand held power tools, but they generally weigh significantly more than the competition.

Had Rigid had the lifetime battery replacement warranty back then, however, it probably would have swung my decision the other way. I also seem to have endless battery trouble.

Lifetime replacement warranty and on deep sale?

That sounds pretty good to me. I'll go check it out.

Thanks!

- Andy

I saw the same deal at our local borg as well. Naturally I spent money on revamping my old drill batteries. When I pointed out the "deal" to LOML she rolled her eyes and reminded me of my "new" batteries.

Wes

Blog Entries
    I have found out the hard way that "Lifetime replacement warranty" doesn't mean MY lifetime any more, but rather it means the lifetime of the tool. (Whatever that means )
    Larry J Browning
    There are 10 kinds of people in this world; Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Drat,

It was not on sale at my local BORG.

Maybe it will be sometime soon.

- Andy