Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Turning Bollards

Quote Originally Posted by John K Jordan View Post
    I liked the line about beauty "free from all pretension."

Last year I spent a week with Clay Foster, exactly what the ADHD type-A like me needed. His attitude about life and art is zen-like, quiet, contemplative, never rushed, what is, is - inspiring. One small example: every day he asked everyone in the class to gather around and he read a passage selected from Rachel Remen's book "My Grandfather's Blessings."

JKJ
    got this from D. Ellsworth 35 years ago
    ron

A great thread Ron, thanks for sharing with us. I also like to make my own tools and jigs whenever possible. I've been asked why a few times since it might be easier to just buy them. I just like to make things, come to think it that's why we turn wood.

Jay

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Mullins View Post
    A great thread Ron, thanks for sharing with us. I also like to make my own tools and jigs whenever possible. I've been asked why a few times since it might be easier to just buy them. I just like to make things, come to think it that's why we turn wood.

Jay
    30 - 40 years there wasn't much to buy and you couldn't turn on the internet and get an instant answer or find all these fancy new tools that save you from the less tedious aspects of turning. there were not many running invertors even in 89. if I still need things it is usually faster to make something. it is like I have 3 welding setups. I may only use my axy-acetalene once every 10 years but it is there when I need it it
    ron