Thread: Thunderbird email client...

Thunderbird email client...

Just read that Thunderbird is not part of Mozilla any more. They are now independent so no telling what will happen with it.

I'm just happy I can still use my old Eudora email on my new Windows 10 laptop. I thought I was finally going to be forced to give it up, but it's working great on Win 10.
    I read recipes the same way I read science fiction. I get to the end and I think, "Well, that’s not going to happen."

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Wintle View Post
    Just read that Thunderbird is not part of Mozilla any more. They are now independent so no telling what will happen with it.
    Are they? There's been talk about finding a more suitable home but I hadn't heard of any actual moves. I was kind of hoping T'bird would become part of the Document Foundation (Libreoffice). The last I knew T'bird was getting security updates but no development by Mozilla since about 2012 - development has been on the add-ons front.

From https://blog.mozilla.org/thunderbird/2017/05/thunderbirds-future-home/: "The investigations on Thunderbird’s future home have concluded. The Mozilla Foundation has agreed to serve as the legal and fiscal home for the Thunderbird project, but Thunderbird will migrate off Mozilla Corporation infrastructure, separating the operational aspects of the project."

I didn't know about that but I've been happily using Thunderbird under the last 3 or 4 versions of Windows and many versions of Linux and see no reason to change.