Thread: Should I buy? Grizzly g0444

Should I buy? Grizzly g0444

There's a grizzly G0444 for sale on Craigslist. They have it for $250. This would be my first table saw. Good deal? How old is this saw? It's about an hour and a half drive from my house. From what I read it seems good for me. Especially for the price.

https://easternshore.craigslist.org/tls/6133887889.html

Looks fair if that is where your budget is. I'd ask for some pics of the top before I drove an hour but the ones that are there looks like it is in good shape. How old? Probably somewhere between 5 & 10 years old.

Blog Entries
    IIRC this was a stout little contractor saw. Cast iron wings, 2HP motor, a lightweight but usable t-square fence. If you picked up an old C-man, added a fence, mobile base and wings you would be paying more than the $250. The big question for me is how was the saw used. If it was actually hauled around as a job site saw, things can get pretty beat on. If it was in a home shop, there isn't much that could go wrong unless the operator was an animal. The pics look good. Although shots of the top are conspicuously missing, the rest of the saw looks in good condition. Even if you had to commit a little elbow grease to recondition the top, I would probably lean towards it.
    Last edited by glenn bradley; 05-17-2017 at 6:01 PM.
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

The G0444 was a decent old school contractor saw. Good fence, outboard motor, traditional style splitter, steel wings, right tilt, 1.5hp. Worth the $250 if in good shape. The G0444Z had the cast iron wings and bigger motor, IIRC.
    Happiness is like wetting your pants...everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth....

I have the 0444Z, and it has been a very well designed and stable TS. Bought it used about 10 yrs. ago.
    Min is not a production shop, but the saw has done all I've ever needed. Never had problem with it.
    Bill
    On the other hand, I still have five fingers.