Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Handworks 2017

Blog Entries
    I bought all the new beading blades (which takes you up to 1/2" width bead), one 1/4" cove, a four-bead blade, and- gosh- I can't remember now! I believe I also got a rabbeting blade. My total came to $518 for the plane and around six blades.

I confirmed with Rob and Vic that all blades for the small plow will fit the large. Also Rob said that Stanley blades fit as well, but regretfully I do not remember which model- I believe 55 but maybe the 45. I don't know the difference and don't own one but do know he said they would fit.
    It is interesting to hear there are cove blades, multi-bead (or reeding) blades and other specialty blades. I look forward to seeing the full line of available blades.

The Stanley #45 and #55 blades are pretty much the same through the standard set. The movable skate on the #55 is also adjustable up and down allowing for blades that are not symmetrical from side to side.

The Stanley blades are a bit longer than the Veritas blades. My review of the Veritas Small Plow Plane includes using the Stanley blades in the VSPP:

http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthre...all-Plow-Plane

If the adjuster on the large plow has more travel than the small plow it will allow them to be used with full adjustment abilities. This would be especially fun for those of us who would like to buy and modify old blades for special shapes and uses.

jtk
    Last edited by Jim Koepke; 05-21-2017 at 8:41 PM.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

NICE!!! Will the LV large plow pre-order be available on their website any time soon?

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Loran View Post
    NICE!!! Will the LV large plow pre-order be available on their website any time soon?
    Hi Brian!

The pre-order special was conceived of as a show-only special. It will be several weeks before we have a web treatment ready (it's complex).

I could have my arm twisted into extending the offer if you want to contact me directly at rlee@leevalley.com . It would require a bit of a leap of faith on your part though, as there is nothing to show you directly....!

Cheers -

Rob

Kudos to Rob Lee and his staff for dealing with the madness at Handworks in a very friendly and professional way. There were a lot of people in that barn!

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Brady View Post
    Kudos to Rob Lee and his staff for dealing with the madness at Handworks in a very friendly and professional way. There were a lot of people in that barn!
    Good thing too.... we needed the heat!

Handworks was right in the graduation weekend for me for my daughter and I missed it so glad there may be some sneaky leeway for us!