Thread: Building My Shop, Finally

Building My Shop, Finally

I've had a small shop in the basement with limited tools for a number of years. This summer, I'm finally making use of a room off the garage that the previous owner used as a shop. We've mostly used it for storage and as a kind of rec room where my brothers had an HO train layout. This summer I'm finally turning part of it into what it should be: a woodshop. Here's some views of the room before and after I started moving my stuff in.

I've been doing wiring for the past 2 weeks. I need 220V service to most of my tools and to my VFD and static phase converter. My dad's good friend is an electrician at Dana. He came over and told me what to do and told me to call him with any questions. I just finished the run to the RAS and phase converter today. Luckily, I got the phases in the right order on the first try. Then I started cleaning the RAS.

I'm picking up my jointer and Unisaw next weekend so I'll share pics when I get those. I hope to start running the dust collection piping next week. Thanks for stopping by!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Nice space. It should make for a great workshop. Enjoy.

Red
    RED