Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Loving my new Shark Guard!!

Loving my new Shark Guard!!

Practically no dust above the table now. Highly recommended!!

Jason
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Jason White; 05-19-2017 at 3:33 PM.

Nice. I'm waiting on mine to arrive, probably a couple more weeks to go.

Great choice! I love mine too.
    Fred

I had one when I had a Unisaw. It was the best ugrade ever. Enjoy yours.

Mine's on order as well, looks good, Jason. Which size hose did you go with?

Blog Entries
    Looks like the newer models are able to run closer to the fence than the one I have. I have a 3" hose on mine.
    NOW you tell me...

2-1/2 inches. Seems more than adequate. I have a 4" hose connected to the cabinet. Both join together via a wye that I bought at Woodcraft.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Giddings View Post

Love mine. I have the 4" port on mine for my 1972 PM66 and I use it with an Oneida v3000 dust collector. Works great and keeps the saw top very clean when I use it. Only thing I wish is it had a little more clearance to the saw top. On my saw its just slightly to low to cut 2x material with the guard in place. For sheet stock though it's great.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Giddings View Post
    For the slider Andy? I will be interested to see photos as I can't see how to do it without hitting the cross cut fence.
    Chris

Everything I like is either illegal, immoral or fattening

I received mine a couple of weeks ago and have just got up and working. I have the 4" port on top and it connects very nicely to my PM contractor saw. It works very well---scoops up MDF dust nicely. I'm hoping to have some time to do a write up on it after I use it for a while. You can rip to about an inch wide---narrower than that, and you have to remove the guard.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Reich View Post
    I received mine a couple of weeks ago and have just got up and working. I'm hoping to have some time to do a write up on it after I use it for a while.
    That would be great Steve. Reviews help the next guy.
    We'll watch for it!
    Fred

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Parks View Post
    For the slider Andy? I will be interested to see photos as I can't see how to do it without hitting the cross cut fence.
    Yes for the slider, Chris. I've just raised a query with Lee Styron (the owner) to see how much clearance I need. Certainly both Hammer and Felder are listed as available but I want to check that the fastening knobs don't clash with the end of the fence. On mine the space is about 1.5 inches which (hopefully) is enough :-).

For those that have the new guard, how much do the knobs stick out relative to the side of the blade and can you reverse them so that they are on the right hand side of the guard?

Andy, I'll take some measurements when I get home from work tonight and try to give you some answers. I don't think that they are reversible.

Hi Andy, I went with an overarm mounted guard on my B3 so that I could use it for non through cuts.
    Completed Installation.jpg

Regards, Rod.

Rod, can I ask you to take a photo of the cross cut fence on the slider and showing how much clearance there is for the Shark Guard. Did you increase the distance between the end of the CC fence and the blade?
    Chris

Everything I like is either illegal, immoral or fattening