Thread: Animals in the wild

Animals in the wild

Hello, Last night while walking with the dog at dusk in a gravel pit, I saw some deer in the distance. This is very common that time of night. Last night before seeing the deer I saw something black or brown moving around slowly. I have seen coyotes in the past but this seemed wider and lower. Slow mover! The deer were within 50 yards of this thing and didn't seem bothered. Poor light and long distance made it impossible for me to determine what it was. This is a non vegated area and everything was just strolling around. I left just to be on the safe side. Maybe a small bear? Does anyone know if deer will share a space with coyotes or bear. I am going back tonight with binoculars. STAY TUNED!

feral hog?

Bigfoot. Take a camera to document the event.

Safe bet that it was a black bear. Healthy whitetail deer are not really in any danger from a bear and they know it. A single coyote is no real threat either, the danger comes when they pack up to hunt.

to Malcom, thankfully there are no feral hogs where Kevin and I live, you are welcome to keep them all in Texas.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Wilkins View Post
    Bigfoot. Take a camera to document the event.
    Agree,but in case you don't see any take a tripod and your own Bigfoot suit!

I have returned to the gravel pit for the last couple of nights. No sign of any Bigfoot or any of his friends.
    i will say binoculars make a big difference when looking long distance. Stay tuned, Kevin

I mentioned my sightings to a friend, he said the Police were having bomb training near there and the noise has stirred up some bear sightings in that area.