Thread: Strobe Tuners

Strobe Tuners

I'm looking to buy a strobe tuner for tap tuning. I have mostly looked at mechanical strobes, but I came across the "istrobosoft" IOS app on the Peterson web site.

Anyone tried this for tap tuning?
    Last edited by Bradley Gray; 05-20-2017 at 10:34 AM.

This is a quite inactive sub forum. You would get quick responses from the gear page dot com.
    john.blazy_dichrolam_llc
    Delta Unisaw, Rabbit QX-80-1290 80W Laser, 5 x 12 ft laminating ovens, Powermax 22/44, Accuspray guns, Covington diamond lap and the usual assortment of cool toys / tools.

Blog Entries
    I have a Peterson strobe tuner for guitar set up. I am not familiar with their App. What is the accuracy they claim?
    Shawn

"no trees were harmed in the creation of this message, however some electrons were temporarily inconvenienced."

"I resent having to use my brain to do your thinking"

I've done some more research and found that Strobosoft 2.0 deluxe has settings built in for tap tuning and doesn't even need a compressor to boost the mike. The software will average up to 5 taps (user controlled) and will even read harmonics. Many tuning functions - more than the $5K strobe tuner and it will run on my old OS10.4 macbook

Shawn - the accuracy is o.1 cent- check it out: https://www.petersontuners.com/products/strobosoft

For instrument tuning , check out the IOS/android version- chromatic plus sweetened tunings for $9.99

I concur - Strobosoft it is.