Thread: CNCRP Benchtop Standard experience

CNCRP Benchtop Standard experience

I noticed that the images for the Benchtop standard in CNCRPs is different than some YouTube videos on the Internet, specifically the z gantry (correct term?).

Has anyone recently purchased one of these? If so, what is your opinion of this new design?

I have a Standard 2448 machine. I got it last August. Not sure if my Z is the current design (mine a a screw), but I have not had any issues with it. Well, I did crack a bearing but that was my own fault! I am pretty happy with the machine overall.

Tony

What are the dimensions of your 2448 standard machine Tony? Trying to figure out if I can squeeze it into my one car garage shop.

I have the 4x8 Pro, and they did go through some changes last year. I know It changed right after I bought. They did me right and gave me a sweet deal to get me to latest version. They are great to talk too. Reach out and they will call you and answer any questions.

I was a newbie, when I got mine, and they were very patient and helped me a lot. I'd buy from them again in a heart beat.

I'll have to measure. They have drawings for download on their site. It was a tight squeeze for me too! I even created a "park" script to move the router to one end so I don't bump the stepper every time I walk by.

That is something to consider, there is the footprint of the base, plus the cable channel and the servos that stick out. And to get the full capacity, the spill board extends past the base of the machine (that's what the brackets are for).

Tony

Tony

The bench top model that the OP is talking about is not the machines you guys are talking about. Go on to the web page and check it out.

I have a line on a used 2015 model of the CNC router parts benchtop pro. It's $5,500 Canadian which is around $4000 USD. But comes with a few toolings and a 1617 router. A similar setup from CNcrp new would cost me over $8000 CAD so it's a good savings.

Mine is about 60" x 33". It is pretty much the same as the CNCRP frame. Now, the table sticks out on the end where the router faces (X = 0 for me) and the motors stick out from that envelope as well. I put all my electronics underneath. Does that help?

This is what it looked like during assembly. I used 2x4's for the table. I ended up beefing it up after I started using it. The table would move too much when the router changed direction. A few extra pieces helped. Also, mine has wheels that are implemented using car scissor jacks when needed. My shop is pretty small too, so everything has to have wheels!
    Tonys CNC.jpg
    Tony

Thanks Tony. I think the benchtop pro I just bought used will work for my small shop. Just not enough room for something 60" long.