Thread: Delta Unisaw DC help.

Delta Unisaw DC help.

My Delta Unisaw is model 34-802, and I believe it is the T2 design (no front floor, as I've read that the T1 design has). I love this saw, and the absolute only thing which makes me frown at it is the the fact that it doesn't have a dust collection port. I know that Delta, in the past, had offered an attachment which could would mate with a DC's hose, for dust collection. But I was also aware as to how many people - that had bought that attachment - who lamented over having had done so. It just didn't function nearly as well as they'd hoped.

I wonder, though, if anyone knows of a plan design for a good DIY dust collector attachment for my saw.

Edit: I meant to write no front 'door'.
    Last edited by Nathan Alston; 05-22-2017 at 3:44 PM.

Can't you just cut a hole and add one? Maybe install an angled bottom sloping to the hole? That's all the original Uni's have.

You'll also want to add dust collection above the table if you're trying to get rid of dust in you face and shop.

https://www.woodcraft.com/products/4...0wAaAiFv8P8HAQ

My 04 unisaw has a sloped floor and a 4" dust flange, I took off the 4" and put a 6" in it's place, does not clog up now. Small sticks that get sucked down will clog the hole. The 6" works much better. Made my own using a short piece of pipe and a circle of plywood.

Nathan - I wouldn't dare cut a hole in my fully restored 1950 Uni! What I did was build the DC into the mobile base and I use a SharkGuard with top DC. It does raise the saw a bit maybe 3-4" but I'm 5'10" and I'm comfortable with it. Once in a while you need to open the front dust door and push the dust toward the port. If interested PM me I may have some pictures of the build.

Mike