Thread: Delta vesa-feeder wheels

Delta vesa-feeder wheels

I found a Delta versa-feeder listed locally and thought I'd give it a go. A cabinet maker was closing and had hardly used it. When I got it home it was worthless: after sitting several years the wheels had turned to the consistency of a color crayon. (I drove my chisel all the way to the hub, just pushing by hand.)

This is the same as the grizzly 1/6 feeder so one can get wheels, but I decided that since the first were not durable the next might not be either, and sent the hubs off to Western Roller. About $100 with shipping, but now I have a tool worth having. I just ran some cabinet door frames through (1/4 round over + groove) and I'm a believer. Climb cut in 2 passes (Incra fence so it's easy to reset): simple, safe, fast, and a great finish. My setup is such that it would be hard to fit ia full size feeder, so this was a good stand in.

Not hard to set up once I found the trick. There is a plastic guard around the wheels. Take two scraps that are the thickness of your work, set the feeder guard on those (not sticking in far enough to hit the feed wheels, which are lower), tighten up the mount and go. This is an older Delta HD shaper: if someone were taking off serious wood on a bigger machine the Versa likely would not be up to the task.

Terry T.

I set mine up using material 1/8 " less than the stuff I'm running. That seems to give me the right amount of tension.( I set the wood under the wheels.) Yrmv.
    Last edited by larry senen; 05-22-2017 at 9:48 PM.