Thread: Powermatic 3520b being replaced?

Powermatic 3520b being replaced?

I was at my local Woodcraft today talking to the owner. They told me that the Powermatic 3520b was going to be 20% off in July as its being discontinued and replaced with a new model. They didn't know when the new model was going to be released or at what price point. I was wondering if anyone else had heard this or knows anything about the newer model. I'm curious if its going to be similar to the Jet 1840.
    Last edited by Damon McLaughlin; 05-23-2017 at 12:48 PM.

They will probably show the new model at the National symposium.
    Retired - when every day is Saturday (unless it's Sunday).

I kind of remember, but have CRS syndrome, that there were rumors about that last year. Didn't see it then... Maybe now.

robo hippy

Stars have been aligned for an upgrade for awhile. i got weary of waiting and stepped up for an AB last year.

I have official confirmation from my local Southern California tool supplier that the Powermatic 3520b lathe will, in fact, be 20% off in August. I bought one today as he was willing to cut the 20% off early for me. I bought my table saw and band saw from the same store so I guess I'm a worthy customer... YMMV...

There was no word on what's coming to replace it. I will be attending the AWFS show in Las Vegas at the end of July so maybe the reps there will give some more insight.

3520b's were 20% off three or four years ago when I bought mine. I would have to dig out the invoice to remember exactly when. The 20% off was what made me pull the trigger after being on the fence for a long time.

Anyway, 20% discount may not mean an impending model change.

The flier that was shown to me last month from Powermatic said it would be a discontinued sale.