Thread: ArtCam Deal but is it worth it - Creating reliefs from scratch

ArtCam Deal but is it worth it - Creating reliefs from scratch

Ok, been doin my CNC for a while and currently use vcarvepro 8.5 but has limitations and Aspire has a huge $$ jump. I have been leaning on clipart from the vetric store but thats gettin old.
    I got a blip in an email that artcam from autodesk was having a good deal. `$180 for a whole year of the Standard
    All the videos I could find on youtube start with a clipart relief. Any u guys out there use Artcam and do reliefs from scratch with it..
    Also what you give up with the standard version. Could not make out too many things in the comparrison PDF between standard and pro.
    Any u artcamer’s out there?

Well, it is a good deal for one year. After that? Depends on how much you use it.

Obviously the idea is to get customers to start using it, then once they are familiar with it they will continue to subscribe.

Sort of like how Remington used to give razors away for free, then sold razor blades.

It probably works pretty good, but I find it easier to model in 3D modeling packages, but that is just me. Yes, I use Aspire.

All of the projects you create or edit in the first year may not be accessible once the deal expires unless you pay the full price.

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Hankins View Post
    Ok, been doin my CNC for a while and currently use vcarvepro 8.5 but has limitations and Aspire has a huge $$ jump. I have been leaning on clipart from the vetric store but thats gettin old.
    I got a blip in an email that artcam from autodesk was having a good deal. `$180 for a whole year of the Standard
    All the videos I could find on youtube start with a clipart relief. Any u guys out there use Artcam and do reliefs from scratch with it..
    Also what you give up with the standard version. Could not make out too many things in the comparrison PDF between standard and pro.
    Any u artcamer’s out there?
    I have artcam, I've had it for a few months, and am learning how to create reliefs from scratch.

You could have art cam for about 6 years for the price of aspire. I just didn't want to spend about 2k to learn how to do this.

The standard version has everything needed to create reliefs, the professional version is for high production or model making shops, you're not giving anything up to create reliefs.

Here is the feature comparison, it's impossible to find on their web site:

http://www.artcam.com/downloads/pdf/...ison-flyer.pdf

You should be able to save your model as an stl file, but I haven't been able to do that yet.

It's not easy to learn, it takes some dedication.