Thread: Sherwin Williams lacquer/CV users - do you like it?

Sherwin Williams lacquer/CV users - do you like it?

In my shop I use Lenmar "DuraLaq" which is a nitro lacquer, along with ML Campbell Krystal, and Envirovar which are both Conversion varnishes. I'm considering switching to Sherwin Williams products because they are right down the street and more convenient. The guy wants to sell me their "Low VOC" lacquer which is the nitro equivalent to what I'm using, and also their Water White Conversion Varnish, the other equivalent. Are any of you spraying these finishes? Do you like them?
    --

Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.

How badly does he want you to switch? I'd be asking for a trial use at no cost to see if the performance is there.
    Bill
    On the other hand, I still have five fingers.

FYI -ML Campbell is owned by Sherwin Williams, though not sold through their stores. I have used SW Cab Acrylic clear & colors before it is a great product. I currently use the SW clear Pre-Cat lacquers for all topcoats, which are comparatively the same as MLC Pre-Cat lacquers. I use their vinyl primers for color(most of what I do) which are top coated with clear. I love their products & service. My local store does all my color matches for painted colors, no charge. They stock all cabinet/furniture finishes in my store. SW also has a most responsive tech support team via email.
    "Only those who have the patience to do simple things perfectly will acquire the skill to do difficult things easily.”
    Friedrich von Schiller (1759-1805)

"Quality means doing it right when no one is looking."
    Henry Ford