Thread: Beware of eBay too-good-to-be-true deal on LN Tenon Saw

Blog Entries

Beware of eBay too-good-to-be-true deal on LN Tenon Saw

If you did not see my post in off-topic forum, I bought a LN saw for $47. Yes- I know- if it sounds too good to be true... any way, it now is apparent that a good number of these have been sold, and the seller is changing his name for each sale using a new seller i.d. Save yourself the trouble. It IS too good to be true- and it's not true. After I bought one, the seller deleted the listing. I'm now filing a claim.

I am posting here where it will be seen by the hand tool folks most likely to be hunting deals on tenon saws on eBay. It seems the seller is doing this a lot. The seller is using the same image and same wording for every post:
    Attached Images Attached Images

What is he shipping instead of the LN saw? Or is he shipping anything at all?

They are ripping off everything Malcolm. I recently saw a Heddon riptide split bamboo flyrod with a 40.00 bin including shipping for sale out of china. Seller 0 rating. A riptide is an unusual but not too expensive Heddon made for saltwater fly fishing in the early fifties. they are watching and educating themselves to fool you.

Blog Entries
    I'm usually diligent but this one caught me because he said the plate was straight and like new but he doesn't use it enough. The image had the saw on his bench with the original paperwork- likely they copied it from a real posting. PayPal will protect me, and Karma will eventually get them.

Thanks Malcolm!

Another one there now. Different add, not a buy it now, auction starting at about $40. The seller has some feedback, but not a lot.

Might be worth a call (or email) to LN - I'm sure they'd like to know their name is being used in a scam.
    "The reward of a thing well done is having done it." - Ralph Waldo Emerson