Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rob Lee is trying to ruin my marriage

Blog Entries

Rob Lee is trying to ruin my marriage

Offering free shipment at Handworks AND basically FORCING me to pre-order the new plow plane was bad enough. He had to follow that up as soon as I get home with free shipping on the website. I've already cashed in the "Aww honey, but this was a special purchase that I rarely ever do" excuse.

I have him figured out. I believe he gets a kickback from divorce lawyers. You know, Rob- if you want to
    double sales overnight, you could add a "include fake invoice" button. Click that when ordering and your shipment comes with a fake invoice for things your wife won't mind if you buy, like "Book: How to be a Better Husband." Then at the end of the invoice it could say "free tools also included- thanks for shopping with us." Also change your Visa billing to show up as "The Loving Husband Supply Shop- books for husbands trying to become a better person." Instantly you will see more big purchases.

Work with us here.

I think you're onto something.

Fake invoice button? Now that was clever!

Don't worry Malcolm. Saint Amy will be cool about the extra purchases. Just show her a drawing of what you're going to build for HER using that massive new plow and all will be forgiven!

Still waiting to see more of your pics from Handwerks dude - you promised!

Fred

Blog Entries
    Yes, I shoot in JPEG Fine and Raw, so my images were all 12mb each. I am probably going to load them to my share site and post a link. Fair warning- many of them are blurry and I am being serious here- I don't know if it was the bad lighting (I was shooting at very high ISO to compensate but I should have gone higher) or it may have been I was so cold that my hands were shaking. I'm serious. It was 42 degrees F the first day. It hailed the night before in Des Moines. Apparently when it gets that cold the rain gets hard. Don't these people know it's almost summer?

edit- perhaps Rob and Vic brought the cold from up there in Canada. I hear they drive across lakes up there and use kayaks to slide down hills in the snow.
    Last edited by Malcolm Schweizer; 05-26-2017 at 4:29 PM.

Blog Entries
    I have the small plow plane with all of the cutters.

I cannot find any reference to a large plow plane except here. If there is one, it must be in the future.

Exactly what is the rumor?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by lowell holmes View Post

I cannot find any reference to a large plow plane except here. If there is one, it must be in the future.

I can only do this once, as it drains the flux capacitor, but let me take a trip in the DeLorean and get a photo from the future of the Veritas large plow plane. (Sets dial for August, 2017)

IMG_1395.jpgIMG_1406.jpg

Lowell,
    Search this forum for a post by Mr Lee in the last month or so. Its all there for the reading.
    regards - Bill

Quote Originally Posted by Malcolm Schweizer View Post
    Offering free shipment at Handworks AND basically FORCING me to pre-order the new plow plane was bad enough. He had to follow that up as soon as I get home with free shipping on the website. I've already cashed in the "Aww honey, but this was a special purchase that I rarely ever do" excuse.

I have him figured out. I believe he gets a kickback from divorce lawyers. You know, Rob- if you want to
    double sales overnight, you could add a "include fake invoice" button. Click that when ordering and your shipment comes with a fake invoice for things your wife won't mind if you buy, like "Book: How to be a Better Husband." Then at the end of the invoice it could say "free tools also included- thanks for shopping with us." Also change your Visa billing to show up as "The Loving Husband Supply Shop- books for husbands trying to become a better person." Instantly you will see more big purchases.

Work with us here.

Now why do you have to go do that to us Rob? I pre-ordered my plow too but because it's pay on shipment I get to keep it secret a couple months Free shipping time!

Large plow looks very nice.

Were there any other tools displayed that will come out soon?

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Martin View Post

What?!

You want Rob to ruin more than our marriages?

Simon

I was thumbing through the LV catalog this morning.

If nothing else it looks like most of us are good at building doghouses. Not that I've needed one. Arf arf.

-Tom

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank Martin View Post

Not at LV, but Blue Spruce Tools had a fret saw that was made with carbon fiber rod and it was gorgeous. You could turn the blade without loosening tension. He said he planned to release it this summer, but it turns out Knew Concepts has a patent on fret saws made with a truss system and he has to get clarification as to whether or not his is considered a truss. It was really more of a frame with carbon fiber rods. Price point around $200 and the handle fit my hand like a glove. I would buy one in a heartbeat.

Blog Entries

Take a look at this large plow plane.
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute

You guys are too funny....

One of my highlights at handworks was when a 10 year old girl walked up to our bench, picked up the combination plane, plowed a 1/4" flute with it, all without any instruction. A few jaws dropped at that - mine too!

The first day at 42F was a bit fresh...we had to wear tshirts under our short sleeves....

Cheers,

Rob

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob Lee View Post
    You guys are too funny....

One of my highlights at handworks was when a 10 year old girl walked up to our bench, picked up the combination plane, plowed a 1/4" flute with it, all without any instruction. A few jaws dropped at that - mine too!

The first day at 42F was a bit fresh...we had to wear tshirts under our short sleeves....

Cheers,

Rob
    I sounds like it is more intuitive to the user than combination planes from the bygone days.

Ease of use makes a tool much more pleasant to use.

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)