Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: In praise of cheap simple grills...

Blog Entries
    I have a "Holland Grill". It's not cheap, but it is the only grill I will ever want. Steaks, hamburgers, roast, and even breakfast. You can see a lot about the Holland Grill on you-tube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RdcXID2nEuQ
    Army Veteran 1968 - 1970
    I Support the Second Amendment of the US Constitution

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Frank View Post
    I use mine all year around and have to knock the snow off in the winter. It is a Weber 3 burner with cast iron grates about 10 years old. It was not cheap but.....

I needed to replace the burners about a month ago and called Weber and the burner tubes were still under warranty and got new ones free. I also replaced the igniter and now as good as new. Not cheap but dependable after use twice a week and sits outside all the time.

Plans for the weekend are bacon wrapped pork tenderloin with grilled Vidalia onions tonight. Tomorrow I will use my smoker for ribs and finish them off on the grill along with some grilled asparagus.
    I could have written this post - we have had the same experience with Weber , if would never go back to the cheap grills that rust out in a year.

http://www.amazingribs.com/bbq_equip...-burning-grill

I bought one of these last year because it burns wood. Does and amazing job for a little fellow and takes up very little space when transporting.

I too gave up on gas grills. Also have a Weber for company. Would like a BGE, but no way I am paying that much for a grill.

I'm surprised no one's mentioned Hibachi-- everyone had one in the 70's!

As for big & gomless, at the tail end of '06 I picked up this Igloo BBQ (Igloo, honest!) at Walmart on clearance for $130. Best BBQ bang for the buck I ever got. Heats fast, cooks great, has never failed us..

igloobbq.jpg
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

Quote Originally Posted by Kev Williams View Post
    I'm surprised no one's mentioned Hibachi-- everyone had one in the 70's!

As for big & gomless, at the tail end of '06 I picked up this Igloo BBQ (Igloo, honest!) at Walmart on clearance for $130. Best BBQ bang for the buck I ever got. Heats fast, cooks great, has never failed us..

igloobbq.jpg
    I looked for a Hibachi grill last year like we had back in the 70's but reviews were very bad.
    I ended up with this Sportsman grill made by Lodge. Perfect for two and not so much charcoal needed. Walmart had them last year for $89.
    Last edited by Dave Lehnert; 05-31-2017 at 9:32 PM.
    "Remember back in the day, when things were made by hand, and people took pride in their work?"
    - Rick Dale