Thread: Bandsaw Grizzly G0555LX Resaw fence?

Bandsaw Grizzly G0555LX Resaw fence?

I got a new Grizzly G0555LX and I am looking at getting the resaw fence.

H7587 Resaw fence complete

Looks like it comes with new rails as well. I can't find it as a stand alone fence.

I am just gonna assume it's worth getting the kit.

What can you guys tell me. Figure I'll just grab the riser kit as well.

Blog Entries
    That is similar to the fence on my G0513X. One mod that I made pretty quickly was one to get the handle out of the way when in the unlocked position; I really don't know what they were thinking. The picture in your link shows the handle down. When unlocked it angles up at about 40 degrees.

I routed a piece of scrap and used a bolt instead of the straight handle.

route-back.jpg

Here it is locked.

locked.jpg

And now I can unlock it to make small adjustments without having to remove the stock from the table.

unlocked.jpg

It has started to slip in the last few months after a decade of steady use. I use a stacked featherboard when resawing so there is pressure holding the stock to the fence. Although the pressure is not high, I have had the fence wander during longer cuts. You can't tolerate much wandering when slicing 1/16" veneer.

Grizzly had no suggestions for adjusting the tension so I put a stgrip of UHMW tape on the handle cam. This increased the pressure on the spring steel tab the contacts the fence. It is better but, I now often put a clamp behind the fence, on the rail, to assure the fence stays put when making critical cuts on larger/longer stock. You may not use your 14" that hard so this may never be an issue for you. It has only started recently and until it began, the fence was solid as a rock.
    Last edited by glenn bradley; 05-27-2017 at 10:20 AM.
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

I bought a GO555 in 2008 with a riser and that same re-saw fence. All is still working well and I like the whole set up. I resaw a lot of 6"-8" wood so this set up works well for me.
    No PHD, but I have a DD 214

I believe the Grizzly saw you have is a 14"? I have a Rikon 14" with at least 11" of resew capacity. I use a Carter MagFenceII magnetic fence. I bought mine with Carter's plastic sacrificial wear fence which extends the fence height to 3". I don't believe I have ever sawed anything above 8" (mostly 6" or so) and the 3" fence height works for me on the Rikon saw. Since the fence itself has t-slots, you could make your own sacrificial fence whatever height you'd like it. (Don't know why it's called a sacrificial fences since it has no cuts on it so far.) What's nice about the Magfence is that it has two Magswitches when engaged, hold the fence where you put it. I have found that, when my bandsaw is set up properly I don't have any drift when resawing, so I can merely set the fence parallel to the blade. However, if you do get drift on your saw, you can easily se the fence at whatever angle to the blade you need to by merely turning one Magswitch off and rotating the fence around the second one. It's simple to use and the nice thing about it is you can use it on any table which magnets grab - steel or cast iron. I use it on at least one other tool in my shop. Might not work for you but it's really a very simple way to have a good bandsaw fence, easy to setup and it works well for me.